Honda Cr 125 1984 Project

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hey guys so im back again.

sold the blaster i bought a few months back and been tinkering with my mums partners classic mopeds and bsa ariels since.

recently bought myself another project for this summer (HONDA CR 125 1984 MODEL)

not currently got it yet as only bought it a day ago but i should have it for next weekend.

it comes into the uk on friday :)

i don't have any major plans a side from getting the bits its missing eg exhaust down pipe,clutch,flywheel cover and a coupe of other bits unless seller has them and they just weren't pictured.

it looks to be in pretty nice condition for the age of it so im going with rebuilding the complete engine and getting the bits its missing

these are worth a pretty penny over my way when running and in this sort of condition so hopefully il be making a fair bit on it :)

im not currently riding as said in a previous post i don't have the transport for it as not currently driving yet. but going to be doing these sort of projects to build my money up and hopefully il have the funds for a vehicle along with funds to get myself another blaster later on (already modded this time lol)

here are the pictures from the ebay listing until i get my own next weekend

little update as not got bike through yet (hopefully be here saturday/sunday via KKM couriers)

iv managed (with help on here
icon_smile.gif
) to sort out people who does what so managed to get these

Guy to nickel plate barrel (Working out at £125 plus the piston not sure what brand il be going for yet as guy only has the top brands which include wiseco,namura,mitaka and wossner so il decide nearer time lol)

also got someone local to me that will be painting my engine cases and barrel in black just to freshen them up.

got most of the engine bits required for rebuilding it along with the bits i need to get to make it a complete engine (Complete clutch,push rod and ball bearing) in my ebay watch list/ saved on pc as some bits are through other sites

still trying to hunt down a oem seat cover with the Cr written on it. there is one on ebay but not sure if its 100% exact to the factory one going by google images anyways but il double check

so far what will be getting done will be

Barrel Plated
Piston Kit
Gasket Kit
Conrod Kit
Crank Bearings
Case Bearings
Clutch Kit
Front & Rear Wheel Bearings
Front Caliper Rebuilt With Pads
New Shoes On Back
Swingarm Linkage Kit

and a couple of other small things most of the bodywork looks clean so mainly engine work that will be getting done.

the only other things i need to do are find out the mixture ratio for these ( i use to ride my yz 125 1988 on 25:1 but not sure if these are the same or? )

sweet old CR, keep the updates coming :)

sweet old CR, keep the updates coming :)

Cheers mate, looks pretty clean for year just emailed DG regarding a new exhaust system as can't find one anywhere in the uk and to send out for one to us its going to be probably close to price of a dg one as its working out around £180 to buy it plus import tax.

Looks like it will be later this week il be getting bike as company is waiting until they get another job up my way. on the plus side they are going to email me the numbers off engine and frame so i can check the exact year and start ordering some parts for it.

hi guys so spoke with the courier today the were suppose to be coming up today with bike but the job they had booked with my cr was cancelled at last minute so il have to wait until they get another job , no rush really as i bought that moped to fix up so i should have that done and sold by time the cr arrives :)

Nice bike, but did you get an good clutch/waterpump cover with it?

Those are magnesium and all rotted away most of the time.. (99%)
That's usually the reason those CR's 1984/85'/86' are scrapped.

But if you got a good waterpump cover , they are fun/fast bikes those orange Honda cr's!

Have fun

downloadfile-3.jpg

Reactions: OConnor Racing
Nice bike, but did you get an good clutch/waterpump cover with it?

Those are magnesium and all rotted away most of the time.. (99%)
That's usually the reason those CR's 1984/85'/86' are scrapped.

But if you got a good waterpump cover , they are fun/fast bikes those orange Honda cr's!

Have fun

View attachment 28145

hi buddy i do believe i got two covers with it one spare but theres one i think has slight rotting on it. iv been messed about with the courier so had to change them yesterday but the courier i got instead is picking up another two projects for me so i should have the three this weekend if all goes to plan with the couriers other jobs.

hey guys so the CR is coming today. also been buying more lol il upload a few pictures of what iv been buying including cr once they arrive as there due in about 5-7 hours :)

Hey guys bikes have arrived :)

First Off I Bought a Honda Vision NH80 2 Stroke 1993 Moped Last Night (Local Buy) just requires Exhaust and a MOT(Test)

Other Three Bikes Arrived Today With Courier.

got a lot of spares with the FZ50s including 3 engines and a box of bits eg light lens etc so the amount it cost me for everything will probably pay out in spares alone or slightly more.

CR125R will be the last project of this lot as it requires the most work.

i plan to sell both the Honda Vision And The Blue FZ50 running and mot'd as they both in good nick with little rust (just to get FZ50 running)

the orange FZ50 i plan to get running then part it out as its badly rusted for my liking to fix up as would cost more than the bike is worth.

here is the pictures for now sorry for quality as was in a rush when i put them in shed but will get some more this week :)

hey guys little update

iv been emailing a few people regarding making me a replacement cover for clutch/water pump but its going to work out more expensive. so im going to get my own one welded by a fairly local welder who does mx cases all the time.

also fitted the honda vision new exhaust today so that is now up for sale. plan to do the Blue Fz50 next and once thats done start stripping the orange one for parting out.

then it will be cr time when i have money lol.

going to be quite difficult as going to have to get a few bits for cr and il have to send out to usa for a DG exhaust system as i thought i had the front manifold extra part but i don't so going just put a aftermarket system on it and sell the silencer as no point spending £200 on standard one when i can get a new dg pipe for not much more and its all nice and shiny :)

if anyone has any 84 cr 125r parts let me know as im needing

Carb And Throttle tube
radiator hoses believe i am missing 2
clutch with push rod and ball bearing

Did you got the waterpump cover welded?
Don't know much about welding but, Magnesium+welding= sparks,fire..and don't use water to put it out lol

Did you got the waterpump cover welded?
Don't know much about welding but, Magnesium+welding= sparks,fire..and don't use water to put it out lol

hey mate i didn't get the bike done in end the cover though i didn't get welded guy backed out at end as he attempted one for someone else and i assume it didn't go well. and to buy a new cover it was twice the cost of what bike cost me. ended up selling it on for someone else to fix