honda atc goodness

borednstreched

Nov 19, 2011
coulmubs n.e.
heres the 84 200x i picked up yesterday. its a air cooled 200cc 4stroke, rebuilt with forged piston, port and polish, hot cams stage 2 grind, 28mm carb, hd clutch. 5 hrs on motor. new tires all around. its as fast as the blaster with a little less top end and tons of torque. wheelies like crazy, even if your over the bars.
0216121558.jpg

0216121658a.jpg

0216121658.jpg

Reactions: BlasterPat
heres the 84 200x i picked up yesterday. its a air cooled 200cc 4stroke, rebuilt with forged piston, port and polish, hot cams stage 2 grind, 28mm carb, hd clutch. 5 hrs on motor. new tires all around. its as fast as the blaster with a little less top end and tons of torque. wheelies like crazy, even if your over the bars.

0216121658a.jpg

Man you have a wide ass! THose look scary to play with!:eek:

do those feel small like the blaster? i've only ridden the atc 250r before.

Im a fan od 200xs iv owned like 5 of them.. but im going to have to set you straight my son.... there are no cams made for them. Powroll made one back in the day but good luck finding one.. the only motor uogrades are high comp piston. Dg and cobra exhausts.. the cobra is loud and the dg actually makes power.. only upgrades you can do are the xr200 cam and carb. My 84 had dg exhaust uni with no lid. Xr cam and carb it was fun but still sloooow

Even high comp. Cam. Carb and pipe you will only be at about 20 hp there awsome trail trikes due to being light and short... dont get me wrong im not hating just sharing what i know... i miss my 86 200x.. fastest productiin 200x and best handling and squarr tube frame

Nice 200x!!!

Curtis Sparks made a cam for the 83-85x that produced power well beyond 11,000 rpm, and if i remember right some people liked to use a XR200R cam, but the DG Torque cam was the best.. I also think people used the XR head and valve springs. You can go from the stock 9.6:1 compression to 10:1 with the XR200R piston, or 10.25:1 with a Wiseco.. You can use a XR200 08-04 (not R) intake manifold to fit a 26mm-27mm carb. There was also a nice SuperTrapp 4" muffler for it.. If you want more top speed try a XR transmission, or if you can deal with a rear kickstarter drop in a XR bottom end or complete XR motor.. Im not sure what years will fit in what, but i do know that some stuff will fit..lol

Last edited:
^ thanks for the info.
i just changed the oil, plug, filter. it runs even stronger now, wheelies like crazy in 2nd gear and lifts the tire through 3rd at wot.
it has a cheapy carb on it so i grabbed a mikuni vm30 carb for it. i also realized the axle and swinger are from a 86/87 model or nos 86/87 parts.
just like the suzuki lt250 series, the hubs on the 200x are interchangeable to blaster axle. lol so all my rear hubs/rims are swapable between my atvs:)

f*cking cool that all the XR stuff swaps over to it. never knew that and never thought twice about it. i will definitely pick one up if i find one for real cheap.

just messing around today with lights and number plates i accidently found something i really liked.
0228121655.jpg

0228121655b.jpg

0228121655a.jpg

0228121709.jpg

i make a bracket out of lexan to hold the headlight. i didnt modify anything, but drilled 2 small holes in my atc fender. the headlight will have a single projector and halo built into it soon.

tank is being painted black also.

Ok the.blaster hood on it makes me wanna yack.. jusg sayin as a atc purists sorta.. no goooo.. i needs me another 200x someone bring me a a nice 83-85 woth no cracks in the plastics a pipe extended axle and mx tires on the rear and take home my lt250r.. or a piped and widened 86-87