High rev problem

cochese598

Nov 22, 2010
2000 Blaster that had been sitting idle for several months. Started it 2 days ago without much issue to let it warm up. Noticed throttle lever was stuck/locked in place. Removed throttle cable for cleaning if needed, including removing from carb. replaced carb and cable. Throttle lever is not stuck anymore but now after I start it, it wants to REV out of control periodically to the point that turning it off doesn't stop it. I have to choke it to flood it. I have not had to yank spark plug cable yet but almost. Any ideas what is going on?

sure you don't have an opening on that carb somewhere like the old oil injection or something. sounds like it is sucking air in somewhere. check the clamps.

If it revs out of control again, lock both front & back brakes real good and then kill the engine by popping the clutch when your in first or second gear.

Check that you have the rubber seal over the throttle cable adjuster on top of the carb if it wasn't doing this before you changed it Id go there first plus also check that your slide is returning closed do you still have the tors or have you removed it and have the idle screw installed

Check that you have the rubber seal over the throttle cable adjuster on top of the carb if it wasn't doing this before you changed it Id go there first plus also check that your slide is returning closed do you still have the tors or have you removed it and have the idle screw installed

This unit is 100 % original with no alterations so TORS is still on. Is the seal your speaking of in the cap that screws adjuster on to the top of Carb?

sure you don't have an opening on that carb somewhere like the old oil injection or something. sounds like it is sucking air in somewhere. check the clamps.

If all I did was remove throttle adjuster from top of carb and re-installed it, could I have caused an opening somewhere? This unit is 100% original and barely used. I can confirm that this is first time the carb/adjuster had been opened up.

did you take the carb out of the boot? maybe you cracked your boot? they can dry root from sitting for long periods

Did you return it to exactly the way it was ? Airbox intact , no mods without re-jetting .
I'd junk the tors unit and install a idle screw kit that eliminates the tors crap and simplifies things

I seem to have the Same prob,I hadn't started mine in a couple of months ended up changing the fuel tap seal (gummed up) and did a hard core carb clean up.before I decided to start it up I wanted to remove the oil injection so I had removed the 2 stroke tanks and the pipe lines.i used a bearing in the fuel tube to seal off the oil pump.should I also block of the carb oil intake ?