help with jetting

fishingdude93

Aug 15, 2013
I just got my 2000 blaster top end rebuilt. Need some help on what main jet would be a good start. It was bored out to 67.0mm with Weisco piston. I also have a twist throttle on it, no air box cover and a Uni air filter. Mixture is 32:1. Another thing, anything else need to be changed on the carb?

Thanks

Well if you have a stock pipe I would put a 250 in and plug chop it. Leave the pilot stock and leave the clip in the middle of the needle. I you have an aftermarket exhaust we will need to know which one.

I know that the exhaust is an fmf exhaust but don't know which one. It came on the four wheeler when I bought it used. How do you leak test it?

I know that the exhaust is an fmf exhaust but don't know which one. It came on the four wheeler when I bought it used. How do you leak test it?

FMF = #260 main
Lid off = +2 so #280
32:1 = +1 so #290
Air filter = +1 so #300

I would beleaning towards a #310 main, then plug chop.

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for all the questions but I want to get this engine right because we put over $400 into it. Should I change jets before I brake in the engine? I appreciate the help!

What mods do you have?

pipe,carb size,air filter, air box lid on/off

LEAK TEST THE MOTOR!!
I dont care if you done want to, if you dont, you can rebuild that engine soon again!

Leak test, then run the suggested jets for break in.

Needle should be fine on the middle clip, use the stock 32.5 pilot jet.

Set the float level to 20 - 21.5mm and adjust the idle as per specs.

You will not be going to the main jet circuit until you have ridden 2 tanks of gas at no more than 3/4 throttle, then plug chop to refine jetting.

Thanks everyone. I will let you know what happens. Just waiting on an idle kit for my motion pro twist throttle. Then I will get the leak test done, change main jet, and break it in.