help please

i think all you really need is nerfs. but you can remove the front fenders, or cut em. romve headlight, etc. take all the stuff you wont need during a race off. but i do know you need nerfs. depending on what kind of racing youre doing....will depend on what you need, and what makes for a good bike. suspension is almost always a must.

Reactions: tyler1blaster
sh*t, forgot probly a good thing to have anyways...but yeah. get a kill switch

if im not mistaken to race you have to join the ama, id go to the ama website, theres prolly a link to gettin started, possibly the gncc site too

what kinda racing you wanting to get in to the main things right now are nerfs and kill switch and your safety gear for you just remember in anykind of racing suspension your friend before your motor work if its TT or flat track you wanna race i can help you there but as for mx and gncc im really no help at all but there are other guys that race that type of racing that will help ya

id say get you a lowering kit sway bar and some flat track tires and give flat track and try then you can always go all out with a-arms wider axle and all that i started out with just a lowering kit and sway bar

i'm gonna race JLO amature supercross in the blaster class, don't need to be in the ama to do that, just got some sweet motorsport nerfs!!! and gonna have progressive fronts on wednesday!!!

id say get you a lowering kit sway bar and some flat track tires and give flat track and try then you can always go all out with a-arms wider axle and all that i started out with just a lowering kit and sway bar

does flat rak ever get boring?? iminterested in gncc.... but flat trak probably is the cheapest

i cant do anything really with jumps cause of my shoulder being so bad but flat track never gets boaring for me its alot of watching out for other people cause of open wheel racing

racing is never cheap lol i have over 5grand in my bike and im still not up with the top racers but just go out and ride some circles then some jumps make your own little tracks see what you like best i started out mx then TT and now flat track

but these guys racing on this forum are more then willing to help like i said anything with flat track or TT i will be more then happy to help you get set up

Reactions: tyler1blaster
does flat rak ever get boring?? iminterested in gncc.... but flat trak probably is the cheapest
flat track is probly fun. 370 raced flattrack for a little bit. heres teh best part....to lower his quad, he just used tie downs...ratchet straps. lots of guys use em. an inexpensive way to get wider is a banshee axle and front wheel flip (as you may know by now) but i wouldnt trust the front wheel flip in a flattrack race....there is a bit of bumping and rubbing......looks like fun tho..

for a good list of rules and age limits, check the ama website. most times you will have to join, but if you qualify for the ama, i imagine they will let you race. plus they have little kids on 50's racing, so i think you'll be in the clear...

btw, thanks for the rep, glad to help

well, the thing about mx racing is, you have different tracks, and its always a challenge no matter what track, you can race the same track 20 times and it will never be the same, plus, if you want to race for cheep, the best deal is mx, you can find a local series and they usualy dont race by the ama, so no ama membership is needed. also, when i first started, i started off with a compleatly stock bike, besides a kill switch. but the better you get at mx, you can slowly add perfomance parts a little at a time that way you get used to the added power a in progresive steps. you can also change your front and rear sprockets for a cheep mod. And another upside to racing mx at a local place is you have the local people there and its a little more personal with the people that your racing with.