Help PIC RESIZING

Every time i try to resize my pics i post, so they don't take up a whole lot of space on the thread, it comes out full size anyways.
I'm using the INSERT IMAGE button, thend ragging the corners of the box to make it smaller. but again its not working.
Something I am doing??? Or a board problem??

i resize before i upload to here or tinypic, then post here, i use a free program called
"IRFANVEIW", awsome little program for veiwing and playing with pics, does text insert too, google and download it
its not photoshop, but way easier to learn and use for resizing and such

lots of peeps have troubles with the uploads here, thats why we all use photobucket or tinypic, then copy and paste the IMG. code into your post, much easier
and after resizing the pic with irfanveiw, i choose to "save as" and create a new file, in the new size for uploading, then delete it when done,
leaving the original for veiwing or printing

i use photobucket, upload the original photo, hit edit size, you can make it small and either replace the orignal photo or save a new copy on photobucket, very simple.

hmmm ok....i'll see if i cant figure something out for the future...

saving new files, then deleting tends to leave what's called Fragmented Files on the computer. takes up needed space and slows down the computer.
i guess i need to explore photobucket some more lol

i prolly post more pics on here than most, resized everyone of them with irfanveiw, then deleted, this puter is running as fast if not faster than when we bought it 2 years ago, possibly due to the "ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE" i run weekly, cleans all that garbage out, the registry too, great program, google it,