HELP! motor seized/locked up!

Scspeed

Aug 23, 2009
My buddy has a 94 blaster it is totally bone stock, the motor has never been rebuilt as far as i know. The motor always seemed to be a little bit louder than a normal blaster motor but it always ran fine.

Today i was driving it around the yard, i was adjusting the carb because the last week or two it has had some idling issues, i was messing with the air screw adn the idle screw. The only two i touched. When i finally got it running pretty decent when warm and at idle i decided to let i cool down for about 20min and see how it would do starting back up from a cold start.

I kicked it over, with in two kicks it fired right up but then began to bog, i gave it some throttle but it continued to bog more and more as if the motor was under some kind of heavy load. Then all of a sudden it quit running.

I kicked it over trying to start it back up, the 1st time i kicked it it seemed to be much harder than usual, the second time i kicked it i could barley even turn it over, and by the 3rd time the motor was completely locked up. Now i don't know what to do.

Where should i start?
What could have caused this to happen so suddenly?

Please help. Thanks!

just took it apart today, the must have had too much piston to wall clearance because you could clearly see where the piston caught the the hole of the exhaust port and that's what seized it up, so i need a new piston and probably a bore because the groves are so deep i don't think just a hone would do it, and obviously rings.

thats why with my blaster im going to replace the piston and rings frequently so i dont damge my cylinder.

^ that would not be a very cost effective solution,at Around $100 bucks a pop depending on just how frequently you change piston/rings that would add up super fast,and would probably by an entire new 240 cylinder in short order.

i know this post is old, but this just happened to my 03 I am scared my oil pump might have failed my light doesnt work, but just like he said i was riding and it started pulling harder and harder before i stopped and it died. I am about to buy a whole new 240cc big bore top end, any recomendations and does anyone know how i can tell if it was the oil pump i DONT want this to happen again. a big bore is gonna cost me about 500.

The oil light that comes on is when your oil is low, there isnt a warning light to tell you if your pump is bad.

Also, next time try making a new thread rather than bring up a four year old one...

Hi new to sight motor seized after running 30 min motor stalled was trying to do a heat cycle I had it up to around 130f was able to brake loose pretty easy do i need to rebuild I check piston threw exhaust port and did a leak down test what to do

Hi new to sight motor seized after running 30 min motor stalled was trying to do a heat cycle I had it up to around 130f was able to brake loose pretty easy do i need to rebuild I check piston threw exhaust port and did a leak down test what to do

please make a new thread, bound to get better help in a new thread. im no expert on the motors, but there are lots on here that are so imma let them help you out.