hard to start 06 yamaha blaster

blaster 06

Jul 31, 2011
i have an 06 blaster and it was going fine for a long time but it ran out of petrol one day and it hasnt started sinc and when i do get it started when i go to rev it it konks out i took the plug out and cleaned the carb and it is still the same can someone please help?thanks

What did the plug look like? Is it getting fuel to carb? Tors still hooked up? Clean fuel petcock? When cleaning carb did you spray it with carb cleaner and call it good? Or did you completely dissasemble every part and either soak it or spray it down good then blow it out with compressed air? Check the thread "Almost free carb repair" (or something like that) tells how to clean needle seat. Did you reset float height?

the petcock is fine because when i take the pipe of the carb and switch it to on petrol flows out?thanks

When you ran out of fuel you possibly had some crap make its way to the needle and seat valve and lodge in there.

Does fuel flow out when the carb bowl is off and the float not pressing the needle.?

Tanks for the help.I ended up taking off the exhaust and the carb and spark plug and kicked it a load of times and turned the quad upside down.There was a lot of unburnt petrol lying in the engine so when i was starting it before the petrol in the cylinder was dying out the spark in the engine.Its starting and driving fine now!!!thanks for the comments