Hanging idle 30mm OKO

blooper

Nov 30, 2014
Twentynine Palms, CA
Hanging throttle when you rev, takes a couple seconds to go back to idle. Starts right up first kick and idles fine. Leak tested and holds steady for 10min.
30mm oko
CFM box w/Uni filter/outerwears
Boysen reeds and trenga spacer
DMC complete exhaust
Air/fuel screw 1.5 turns out
50 pilot
155 Main
N80 needle on middle clip
New top end all Weisco
1900 ft above sea level
Mid 80's temp

what determined that 50/N80/155 jetting ?

float height correct ? 30mm oko - 19-20MM
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/float-heights-and-how-to-adjust-them.50565/

tuned the airscrew/pilot for highest idle and correct pilot jet ?............
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet.51060/

the DMC's reportedly like a very rich needle clip setting (stock 26mm on bottom 2 clip positions)
plug chop @ 1/2 throttle to confirm/tune needle

plug chops determined that 155 main ?

I adjusted my float height when I cleaned the hell out of the carb. I believe it was just at about 21 and I adjusted the tab and measures from the gasket to the highest point on the float while at a 45 degree and to the best I can see it is at 19.

Awk08 the needle and jets where from the searching I did on 30mm oko throughout the forum. One of the setups looked similar to mine and they where running that. A lot seemed like they were running between 48 and 52 pilot and 150 and 158 main all had middle clip on needle.

I adjusted the tab and measures from the gasket to the highest point on the float

the gasket has to be removed and measure from where the gasket sits into the carb body

Awk08 the needle and jets where from the searching I did on 30mm oko throughout the forum

it may have been for someone else, or maybe not, but you have to tune it to determine if it's correct for your particular bike.

so have you tuned the airscrew to determine if that pilot is correct ?
how many turns out was highest idle ?

read and follow the airscrew/pilot tuning linked above

I have played with the air fuel screw best high idle is at about 2 turns out, 1.5 turns out has steady idle, .5 turns in starts to stumble and sound like it's about to stall. All settings still have a hanging rev.

Ok, tried a 48 and 45 pilot. All pilots seem to have no effect on the air fuel screw. I am trying to adjust to the highest idle so I can see what jet I need and no change from .5 all the way until 3 turns out. Does this mean I am still fat and need to go down more pilot sizes?