Green lasers

Paulie B

Jan 17, 2008
SOMD
Anybody have one? Lasers are fascinating to me. Being an old raver of the club scene I guess you can say I grew up with them. The normal off the shelf ones are 5mw the one I have is 185mw. I built a laser machine with it that's sound active and draws images to music. This one is unlike others that are limited to patterns. It's analog not digital so circles are easy for it. It draws an infinity of images from bass sounds. It's worth a look if this kinda thing at all interests you. I watched it for hour the other night I:I

DSCF2278.jpg

DSCF2284.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

DSCF2294.jpg

Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is definitely a cool toy to have. Where do you get one of those?

Wow, that is definitely a cool toy to have. Where do you get one of those?

I made it myself. The box is kinda a joke it had some lame sewing machine light in it with some not so cool plastic color filters. I disassembled it and took out all that redundant crap and added a real laser. The laser itself is a PPL 532nm green and @ 185mw it burns things. Not joking. It's range outside is limited by the curvature of the earth. It's actually illegal to have outside because it can blind you faster then you can blink.
With that said HELL YEAH it's fun and I'm safe with it :)

Here's a better vid with sound!

Can you put up another video with sound? Possibly to a track James Zabiela plays or Steve Lawler? If not, whatever. I just want to see the lazer again.

Possibly 'My House is Your House'

Well Mike apparently someone 'borrowed' my Steve Layer/Rise in record. But I uploaded another vid. I had to use youtube cause photobucket won't allow a vid over 100mb. In this one you can actually see each bass note and at times the image got larger then the room. Enjoy :)

thats bad ass..yeah you better watch you dont catch somthing on fire!!!lol..awesome job Paulie!!!