Good or bad vibrations

DrywallDoc

Sep 29, 2015
Just finished rebuilding my brothers blaster and doing 3 heat cycles. I got on it for a test ride and noticed it vibrates alot at higher rpms. I didnt pass 2nd gear. The mods are ken oconnor rechambered head, diy port job, v force reeds, 66.5mm wiseco, airbox lid removed, stock carb, stock filter, full fmf exhaust, 290 main jet. Needle on second position. It seem to have power. Did not feel weak. Also it smoked a bit around the head and cylinder fins. I did spray wd40 to clean them a bit before i installed, and kens rechambered head was just painted so maybe it was that. All bolts are tight. I took the spark plug out just to see what it looked like andthe tip was a dark grayish color. But that wasnt at full throttle so.

I used wd40 to clean the cylinder because it does a great job at removing dirt and grease. I cleaned everything up real good with a towel. I havent had a chance to really open it up as im still breaking it in. So i havent been able to plug chop. Just seeing if this is normal with a rechambered head. It was completely stock before the rebuild. Maybe im just not used to the extras. I just wanted to make sure its not suppose to be as "smooth" as stock.

Check all your engine bolts and swing arm bolt for tightness.
The extra compression may be showing that the crank may have a little extra play.

Everything checked out. It has a ton more power than before. I think im just paranoid. Its my first moderate build. Maybe im just not used to the vibrations the extra compression provides. When i ride it, it feels faster than my cousins piped z400