Go Kart... Mod help...

oscaryu1

Dec 20, 2007
Soo... what can I do to mod this? I can do a straight line accleration with a slight burnout pretty fast...

Any tips? BTW I put a Autolite Platinum plug in... gapped it to .05 and she runs... any tips? (I also took off the air filter cap, not the air filter itself. It gives it a bit more oomph).

It's a plain go cart no roll cage sold during the Indiapolis 500 on 1995 (may...).

Either $1199 or $1499 when bought. Promotional go cart. I got it for $350 I:II:II:II:II:II:I

Any mods to share with me? This includes a Corvette fiberglass frame, but I dunno if it's worth to put on to give it a bit more aerodynamic thing... Here's the pictures:

(PS these are old. The Honda 3.5 dies. Got a Honda clone 6.5HP, she runs all right).

Pictures uploading... will post later.

vetteenginenowdead.jpg

corvettegocart.jpg

Ha ha thats a funny ass looking go cart. I never liked those things, i dont have anywhere to ride em around here. Ive always had ones with roll cages and suspension.

sell it and buy a cheep yerfdog or something, better yet a beater quad with street tires. those bodies are worth alot if in good shape a kid i went to highschool with rebuilt one and sold it for close to a grand that wasn't anything special just a plain vette body on a cheap frame.

sell it and buy a cheep yerfdog or something, better yet a beater quad with street tires. those bodies are worth alot if in good shape a kid i went to highschool with rebuilt one and sold it for close to a grand that wasn't anything special just a plain vette body on a cheap frame.

I completely agree. I couldn't pull up your pics, but i assume it is a Napa special. A 4-stroke horiz. shaft motor sucks on any go-kart. The only motor choice I would go with is an old 125 2-troke. The initial motor cost can range from $200-$1500. It all depends on the shape of the motor. A good CR125 motor with a mild port runs $1200 easy. You still need a carb ($50), Intake ($60), and a good pipe ($125). You would also be beyond the frame and wheel bearings limitations. It will all add up quick for a $350 kart. But You will have a 5-speed!!!!I:I Geared right you can easily crack 70mph!!!=))

If you can find a buyer I would sell it and get a Blaster ($800). 10x the fun, easier to make more fun. You can ride in Rain, mud, sleet snow, etc. Fun factor is all that matters.

yamaha makes go-cart engines, the ones used on shifter carts, you kould pick one of them up and pitch it in there and get some more oomph, they range from 125cc 2 strokes to 250cc 2 strokes, as for that engine, bore it, shave the head, port/polish, and a pulley swap, a bigger one on the motor and a smaller drive sprocket you'll get more from it for sure

Ha ha thats a funny ass looking go cart. I never liked those things, i dont have anywhere to ride em around here. Ive always had ones with roll cages and suspension.

Sorry, I'm not a rich bastard.

can u do donuts or powerslideS, if not GET A BIGGER MOTOR IN THAT WHIP!!!!

I can do a straight line acceleration burnout... Around 10 feet long before I haev to brake. So basically, this is a beast. I can probably do a donut (but I don't have a large enough space due to I live in the city). But I DO know that when I have to do a 180 to go back and do another lap, I can gas it and do a a small donut, but the street is too narrow to do a full 360. I can't do a burnout cause I have the brake connected with the drive wheel... But sooner or later I might install front drum/disc brakes.

FYI I'd never give this cart away. She's alot faster than yall think, no matter WHAT yall think. It's amazing.

60 roughly with a uni filter and iridium plug clocked by a friend on a dual sport
2002 in 6th gear on stock rubber granted i was pegged out full throttle but it made it. I'm 6'3" 200lbs these things can rip

agreed

only gokart i ever had i made myself, and it was for my sister's nephew (ohh was his mom ever pissed at me :p) i used a raptor 660R motor off of ebay, with racing cam, wiseco piston bored .40 over, 18 inch rear tires 19 fronts and just a few other odds and ends his mom was mad, so i put a limiter on it lol cuz he ran into the side of the house last year hahaha

agreed

only gokart i ever had i made myself, and it was for my sister's nephew (ohh was his mom ever pissed at me :p) i used a raptor 660R motor off of ebay, with racing cam, wiseco piston bored .40 over, 18 inch rear tires 19 fronts and just a few other odds and ends his mom was mad, so i put a limiter on it lol cuz he ran into the side of the house last year hahaha

Damn Stryder!!!

That one crazy go cart I bet =))=))