GNCC

Dan151

Jan 1, 2008
mass
does anyone here race in the GNCC or cross country races? im thinking about setting my blaster up for it and racing over the summer

What information do you need . We sponsor the Margaria boys, they both run their blasters in GNCC. If you look at the sport class the last 2 years and the 2 stroke A class before that you'll see just what a blaster can achieve.

I'm going to try and hit a couple gnccs this year and I've run about 7 or 8 races in Missouri(used to be MHSC, now it's oxcracing.com) and Illinois over the last couple years and I'm hooked. Most of the time its a battle of attrition, if you can finish the race you'll do pretty decent, LOL! I think its a blast, and that was when I was racing a 500lb Polaris Trailblazer 250(yeah, I know, what an idiot I was), my first race on the blaster is this Saturday in Mt. View, Missouri and we're about to get 6 or 8 inches of snow. Should be interesting if nothing else. Like Pitboss said, look at last year's results and Joey Margaria was whoopin @$$ on the blaster, I think he even won the overall in a couple of the morning races. That dude must fly!

Hey Pitboss, is Joey going to stay in the Sport class and run in the afternoon with the big boys? I've never been to a GNCC but have been following the Sport class for the last couple years because I was racing that 250cc Trailblazer so I realize how good the Margaria boys do on their blasters, but I would love to see them give some of those "pro" and "pro-am" boys on their $15,000 quads a run for their money. Tell Joey to keep it up and I hope to meet you guys at one of the GNCCs this year, maybe Loretta's or Sparta, but definitely Crawfordsville, as that is co-sanctioned with the Indiana series I'm running.

I do AWRCS races on mine and i think it's the funnest thing you can do on a quad.
Mine isnt a $10,000 blaster but i set it up good enough to where I do my best

ive only run a few gncc races and it was on my built kfx440 which already had all the parts on it. MUST upgrades i would say for gncc racing is nerf bars, killswitch tether, main skid plate and a swing arm skid, cross country style bumper and a cross country style grab bar (makes it easy to pick your machine out of the mudd and other sticky situations... has bigger grap holds that traditional bumpers) and the rest i would say is up to ur preference and budget. . . 6+ PLY TIRES!

i would suggest good tires. dont want to get a hole in one of them and ruin your day.
run a 4ply or maybe even a 6 ply.
do the basic power add-ons like an exhaust.
wider a-arms and shocks will make the long ride not so rough on your body.

i would suggest good tires. dont want to get a hole in one of them and ruin your day.
run a 4ply or maybe even a 6 ply.
do the basic power add-ons like an exhaust.
wider a-arms and shocks will make the long ride not so rough on your body.

NO NO NO!!! BAD BOY please dont get wider a arms because then you have a better chance of hitting a tree and f**king up your blaster or your self. the 2 harescrambles i race were hell. i bent one of my a arms. my friend on his blaster took off the spacers when he started racing.

as much as me and sheeblast disagree, I agree with him. something to take your front end out is needed to race a blaster. compared to a 450, a blaster is skinny. take out the front end a little and race smart. the guys on outlanders can come blaring through WOT and not bend a-arms.
the only advantage to keeping the narrow front end is that you only get 1 wheel in the ruts and it makes you handle like you are on a rail around the turns. aim to put your inside tire in the rut and it will whip around the corner.