G-Force/Tusk Axle install info

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
after answering quite a few G-force/Tusk axle install questions lately, and even having my own problems with removing mine, figured it was time for some info to get posted and stickied on here for future reference

heres the link to the official G-force axle install page...............

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/docs/Raptor-Banshee-Blaster,G-force Axle Instructions.pdf

it covers both style blasters, banshees and rappys, but some of the info is a little vague, such as which direction the cupped end of the spacers and locking nut go...........

21aiz9z.jpg

as far as i can tell, all cupped ends of both spacers and the locking nut face outwards on their respective sides,
the larger spacer on the brake side slides over the splines and cups over the built in spacer on the outer edge of the splines, the smaller inner spacer cups outwards over the splines and is used to seal into the carrier

although.......... when i recieved mine used, it was set up for an 03+ blaster or banshee, and had a c-clip holding that larger spacer on the outside of the brake disc ??? i had to cut that off with a grinder and order a new one ?
so the 03+ blasters may require a c-clip on the brake side ????

on my 01, it does not require a c-clip on the brake side, just slides on and stops against the built in stop on the axle, then brake disc/hub, and the smaller spacer goes on the inside of the brake hub to seal into the bearing seal of the carrier.

the 3-way locking nut goes on with the smaller solid end pushing in against the sprocket hub.
the open end with the smaller cupped inner piece, faces outwards, that cupped inner piece covers and pushes against the large c-clip on that side, keeping it locked in place.
the c-clip gets pushed into the groove on the axle, i used 2 large screwdrivers, but have used the proper sized piece of pipe in the past to tap it into place

in my recent re-install, i noted that i could actually over-tighten the locking nut by hand, making the axle very hard to spin in the carrier, and that was with new bearings/seals ??
so don't go getting carried away with tightening it like the stock nuts require and check ease of rotation while "jambing" it, then crank the locking bolt tight

here's some awesome ms-paint skillz, LOL,
showing a little better how the cupped ends go on my '01, this applies to all 88-02 blasters.........

30lctpx.jpg

2v0dhf5.jpg

Reactions: TypicalGuy
Nice write up! My durablue goes on the same way for the '03+ blaster's. Same kind of clips and spacers

I removed mine and reinstalled it and that c-clip is a bear to get on and off. I managed to get it off with around 45 mins of cussing but i got it off . If i would of read this thread before i removed that clip i would of cut it off too but i was lucky to get it done. Nice write up AWK.

Thanks for the instructions..I'm confused about the large spacer on my 02...there's no "built in spacer on the outer edge of the splines" for my large spacer to stop against on the outside of the brake rotor...it would need the c clip.

Reactions: Grunt13
after answering quite a few G-force/Tusk axle install questions lately, and even having my own problems with removing mine, figured it was time for some info to get posted and stickied on here for future reference

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/docs/Raptor-Banshee-Blaster,G-force Axle Instructions.pdf

it covers both style blasters, banshees and rappys, but some of the info is a little vague, such as which direction the cupped end of the spacers and locking nut go...........

21aiz9z.jpg

as far as i can tell, all cupped ends of both spacers and the locking nut face outwards on their respective sides,
the larger spacer on the brake side slides over the splines and cups over the built in spacer on the outer edge of the splines, the smaller inner spacer cups outwards over the splines and is used to seal into the carrier

although.......... when i recieved mine used, it was set up for an 03+ blaster or banshee, and had a c-clip holding that larger spacer on the outside of the brake disc ??? i had to cut that off with a grinder and order a new one ?

on my 01, it does not require a c-clip on the brake side, just slides on and stops against the built in stop on the axle, then brake disc/hub, and the smaller spacer goes on the inside of the brake hub to seal into the bearing seal of the carrier.

the 3-way locking nut goes on with the smaller solid end pushing in against the sprocket hub.
the open end with the smaller cupped inner piece, faces outwards, that cupped inner piece covers and pushes against the large c-clip on that side, keeping it locked in place.
the c-clip gets pushed into the groove on the axle, i used 2 large screwdrivers, but have used the proper sized piece of pipe in the past to tap it into place

in my recent re-install, i noted that i could actually over-tighten the locking nut by hand, making the axle very hard to spin in the carrier, and that was with new bearings/seals ??
so don't go getting carried away with tightening it like the stock nuts require and check ease of rotation while "jambing" it, then crank the locking bolt tight

showing a little better how the cupped ends go on my '01, this applies to all 88-02 blasters.........

30lctpx.jpg

2v0dhf5.jpg

Attachments

• ECB7AEE9-7594-4C07-BABB-1BB6143003E2.jpeg
    ECB7AEE9-7594-4C07-BABB-1BB6143003E2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 218

21aiz9z.jpg

30lctpx.jpg

2v0dhf5.jpg
Is that correct ?? Mine is a 1999 I haven’t put on the lock yet .. I know the small spacer goes outward but does the big one on the outer end go outward also ,, ?? I’m confused

Thanks for the instructions..I'm confused about the large spacer on my 02...there's no "built in spacer on the outer edge of the splines" for my large spacer to stop against on the outside of the brake rotor...it would need the c clip.
Could you help me out with that mine is doing the same thing ?