Full frame plastic skid plate?

Muggzy

Jul 11, 2010
Orange Co., NY
Considering a TM Designworks full frame plastic skid plate for my Banshee. Just did a search on "plastic skid plate" on here and surprisingly came up with nothing usable. Most of my riding is in really rocky woods and I beat the hell out of the 3/16" alum plate that I have. It's so banged in that I'm not sure it will go back on without some serious reforming. Clearly, I've got to replace it so does anyone have any feedback on plastic skid plates even other mfrs?

Last edited:
That's a great deal, but I'm looking for reviews. Who's got a plastic skid and are you happy with it? I'm bashing my alum one pretty hard. Will the plastic hold up?

Yip, was a great option for me. It takes a beating but is still doing well and does its job. I have since drilled an oil drain hole.

Ok all, after searching for some feedback on plastic skid plates and coming up mostly empty, I ordered one from a company that I've had really great success with for chain guides and swing arm guards. Cost was at the top of the scale but I'd been happier with this company's products than some others that I'd dealt with. After receiving and attempting to mount the thing I got really discusted. Poor fit leaving the edges and parts of the frame exposed and poor design - mounting clips were made out of the same slippery UHMW that the plate was and didn't reach over the front at all. Obviously would've shifted around during use and probably would have dropped off completely.

So I decided to make my own. Blaner did a pretty cool job with his, but I just finished this build and wanted to put something a little cleaner on it. I'll post pics in a little while and a link to the build thread...

Reactions: Fast6hand