fuel octane?

Chris88

Sep 9, 2015
what octane fuel do you guys use?. Am I right in thinking the higher octane the better?. Being from the uk the highest octane pump fuel we can get is 99ron would this be good for my blaster

Using an octane rating above what is required to arrest detonation is not only a sheer waste of money and you will loose power.

The common thought of the higher the octane the better is false, higher octane should only be used if the compression ratio requires it.

Using an octane rating above what is required to arrest detonation is not only a sheer waste of money and you will loose power.

The common thought of the higher the octane the better is false, higher octane should only be used if the compression ratio requires it.

thanks. what octane fuel do you use blaster? where would I find out what octane is required, would it be in the manual?

Your Yamaha engine has been designed to use
premium unleaded gasoline with a pump octane
number ([R+M]/2) of 90 or higher, or research
octane number of 95 or higher.

think I found the info I need in the manual. 95 octane is our standard fuel here in the uk.