Front tire not holding air?

Blasting

Dec 23, 2012
Narnia
Pumped it, slow leak.. Same as it was before inflated it. Would the fix a flat work? From what I've seen it never really did.. It doesn't have a cap on it if that could be the problem, but neither does another one,so..I:I

Don't want to ride with a flat tire!

Thanks.

Make sure there's no rust or dirt in the bead area . I would also check the shrader valve in the valve stem by pouring a little soapy water on it and check for bubbles. If it comes down to it, I would use the green slime tire sealer.

Make sure there's no rust or dirt in the bead area . I would also check the shrader valve in the valve stem by pouring a little soapy water on it and check for bubbles. If it comes down to it, I would use the green slime tire sealer.

Alright man, thanks.

I have an annoying tyre leak problem as well.

Every time I want to take it for ride the tyre is soft.

It has been to the fitter 3 times, fitted with slime, even put a bottle of stop leak in it, but it still is soft when riding time comes.

I just pump it up to 3.5 lbs and it lasts all day.

Cannot see any bubbles when I throw it in a tub of water.

You have to use water with dish detergent mixed in. Check around the air valve and tire bead.

Been there, done that, the leak is so slow that it cannot be found.

I know that it is useless pumping up to a higher pressure to find a leak as if the pressure is above 5 psi the tyre never gets soft.

It only leaks when the pressure is under 3.5 psi, I know that it is around the rim somewhere and have had it off 3 times, cleaned the rim well and refitted, but it leaks and I can live with it.

I would use Slime. I used it on two Foreman front tires that were leaking from dry rot. Let them lay on side for day or so, flip to other side, swished around couple times each side. Been almost a month, still holding.

I agree slime is much better to use,but not when you take the tire off months/years later. Fix a flat is not the best stuff.I have had car tires blow almost off the rim from fix a flat in the past. Also you can always buy a tube or two and tube the tires.They will never leak after that.

I was meaning to do stuff today before it got dark.. And it's 6 now and pitch black.. I was watching DIY videos and browsing this forum.. Haha