finnaly rode the cr125!!

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
did some hunting threw friends and got the clutch from whats left of my buddys 86 cr125 and the clutch was good and works in my 93

took it for a ride down the road ( boots helmet and gloves on)
made it two blocks down and it died.. i gotfor to turn the gas on, turned the gas on and 3 kicks later she fired up... jumped on it on 2nd, ill tell ya what, on the pipe has awhole new meaning when the power valve kicks in..

on the pipe and on the power valve is amazing!!!! i pulled back in my driveway and my hands were shaking!! killer adrenalin rush!!!.. made afew rips down the road, pulled back into the driveway.. launched it.. well too 3 trys to figure out where the throttle needed to be to spin on take off... than put it in the shed,..... waiting to see if anyone called the cops lol!!!

got a few minor things i need to do yet, need to get a new fuel line and clamps on since there are none and the hose looks old, and a new carb to reed valve/cage boot, since the one thats on there is on its last leg,
need a new clutch lever ( pocket bike one i drilled out to work) but the perch is plastic so i dont wanan keep it on there, need to set the idle ( for some reason ppl like to set dirt bikes no not idle.. and i dont like that)

and needs a new front brake lever, its missin half the lever but stil works..

god damn i think this thing is faster than the cr250 i had... the cr i never felt the power valve do its job but this is clear as day!!!

if youv never rode a 2 stroke bike with power valve.. DO IT!!!

yea sounds like a fun and fast bike. when i had my rm250 i never felt the power valve open cause i was always in the dirt and it would just spin haha. i wanna get newer yz or cr 125 i see em cheap all the time cause they need rebuilds ..

hmm I have hit 3rd but mine is nothing special on my cr.. my blaster has waaay moe power... Im thinkin mine needs a rebuild.... infact Im petty sure it does it only have like 100 psi of compression :-( so looks like im dumping another 200 into it

yeah they are cheap.. can find early 2000s in riding condition for 1200-1500 some times under 1000 if need work.. i rode the 250 on the road to and never noticed it so idk if it was even workin... this one cleaerly works!!! its a hoot!! i cant wait to take it out and actualy get some seat time on it

hmm I have hit 3rd but mine is nothing special on my cr.. my blaster has waaay moe power... Im thinkin mine needs a rebuild.... infact Im petty sure it does it only have like 100 psi of compression :-( so looks like im dumping another 200 into it

if your not used to it, its a hoot!! i grabbed 6th gear down the road today...well about a hour ago... thing pulls soooo nicely!! i want a blaster with this kinda pull

ahh.. cool deal, im picking up my x on friday ill have some pics up that evening, just by a quick look i seen it has maier race plastic front and rear,k&n filter,pipe,razrs front and rear, so id say its a dcent deal for 500, and the past 3 times i was up there it started on 1st kick and im the only one thats started it sence then lol

this sounds stupid but whats a power valve

diff makers have diff set up, honda is 'honda power port' its basicly a 'valve' that raises and lowers at a certain point in the rpm range, to help with low end power and high end power, when you listin to dirt bikes you notice then it sounds like .. 'vtec' in a civic, when you hear that exhaust change thats the power valve working..... im sure someone else can explain it better.... but the power valve or power port is why small cc dirt bikes haul ass!!

diff makers have diff set up, honda is 'honda power port' its basicly a 'valve' that raises and lowers at a certain point in the rpm range, to help with low end power and high end power, when you listin to dirt bikes you notice then it sounds like .. 'vtec' in a civic, when you hear that exhaust change thats the power valve working..... im sure someone else can explain it better.... but the power valve or power port is why small cc dirt bikes haul ass!!

Pretty much.. There are rotary power valves like the lt250r have, but they do little for power. Either way a pv works buy closing/opening the exhaust port at certain rpms altering the powerband of the bike.

yeah, with those small mods a blaster would sell like crazy, and it wouldnt cost yamaha half as much as it does us to modify the porting and add a valve