Engine noise? What is bad?

B

BlasterUk

I don't notice this noise until i hear someone else on my blaster.. When its going from high rev to - idel there is a rattle sound comes of the quad.. Not sure if its engine.. But i had a check over everythin and thats what it must be.. everything else is tight.. Its no that bad.. But i just wana no.. My gf said its always sound like this.. I onli recently gave a friend a ride on it and heard it...

When i rev it sounds fine.. Its onli when im going at speed then go down the gears.. When the quads vibrating alot it makes the noise..

Weird huh?

Thanks

might be the "non-clutching" but then again u might want to check the head and everything else

might be the "non-clutching" but then again u might want to check the head and everything else

Haha i new some1 would have brought that up xD

Hey razr.. Im from UK and no1 sells block off kits.. Cud i just remove the oil tank and the tube from carb and premix?

Or would that be bad? o.o

yea i was just messin ill quit cuz its gettin old but anyways no dont do that, you might have to order one bit then the other way is to do these things
remove the right side cover, (clutch cover) where the kicker is.
remove the plastic peice from the front of the cover (injector cover)
find the 2 bolts that hold the injector in place
find something to block the hose off that runs from the carb to the injector, or just remove the hose from the carb and block the hole on the carb.
find 2 bolts, a peice of gasket material and a plate with 2 holes drilled in it to cover the injector port in the sidecover
replace the side cover and start mixing. pretty complicated huh? just find a b/o kit it would be way easier just make sure you follow the instructions. im sure you can get one over there from here, might cost you but it will pay off in the long run

the goal here is to take the injector off and close the hole

please explain the rattle a bit better. Does it sound like a light metal pingish kind of rattle or something else? Can you narrow down where its coming from?

Do you have that aftermarket pipe and silencer on yet? B/c thoes pipe springs make the little ping Im refering too at the exact time your refering too.

is your kickstarter wobbly? My piviot point is worn to sh*t..and it vibrates like crazy when i rev my engine and makes a clanking noise..Try holding the kickstarter so it doesnt wobble and see if thats it..also go over everything to make sure nothng is loose and rattling cause the noise you are hearing..Also reecently..my lower chain roller gave out and my chain was rubbing on the stub where the stock roller sits and it was making a funky noise too..I didnt realize what it was for almost 2 hours.. then i noticed what it was..

is your kickstarter wobbly? My piviot point is worn to sh*t..and it vibrates like crazy when i rev my engine and makes a clanking noise..Try holding the kickstarter so it doesnt wobble and see if thats it..also go over everything to make sure nothng is loose and rattling cause the noise you are hearing..Also reecently..my lower chain roller gave out and my chain was rubbing on the stub where the stock roller sits and it was making a funky noise too..I didnt realize what it was for almost 2 hours.. then i noticed what it was..

Thats it i think.. I aint got a rocker.. I new there shud be one on a blaster!! I guess ill buy one!! Mines a 96, Wonder where the hell it is lol..

what are the advantages/disadvantages of getting an oil block off kit?

I dono what it was.. But one my reeds cracked.. I stuck a set of YZ reeds on it til i get my replacments.. Seems to have died down abit!!