Eliminate Engine Noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbwd

Apr 1, 2007
Missouri
Hey,
Does anyone know how to eliminate the load engine noise on this Blaster? It sounds absolutely pathetic. Sounds like a... dare I say... RICER! lol ;)

I hate how ricers sound, like farts in a can :lol:

Do you mean like how loud the exhaust is cause here in sioux falls south dakota they are getting strict on noise so i am going to buy a fmf nature friendly silencer or the 296 silencer to tone mine down a little, and yeah i hate coffee cans or fart cans or whatever you want to call them.

My guess would be all your baffles are burnt out of the exhaust. Check that out, repacking is cheap enough. My blaster has a stock exhaust (for now) and its not that loud at'all.

It really isnt the "fart can" that makes the noice on "ricers". Its the motor itself. Import tuners want to have a free flowing exhaust which means non-restrictive mufflers and cats. So "fart cans" are just mufflers with a free flow design. The noise is the 4 cyl. motor not just the "fart can". I actually love the sound of them. And dont talk down on 4 cyl.'s or honda's because i know about 5 or 6 that would rip any v8 car a new one. Some are running over 500 hp and still getting 30 miles to the gallon. Try that in a v8.

billG said:
It really isnt the "fart can" that makes the noice on "ricers". Its the motor itself. Import tuners want to have a free flowing exhaust which means non-restrictive mufflers and cats. So "fart cans" are just mufflers with a free flow design. The noise is the 4 cyl. motor not just the "fart can". I actually love the sound of them. And dont talk down on 4 cyl.'s or honda's because i know about 5 or 6 that would rip any v8 car a new one. Some are running over 500 hp and still getting 30 miles to the gallon. Try that in a v8.

* BS man -- sounds weak, with ADD.
* Careful on that V8 comment. Maybe a 0-60 but nothing more, for sure.
* With tons of mods including NOS and crap.

No matter how many "horses" a tuner or ricer has, it's to pop off the line, not handle and perform. A Cadillac def out-performs any ricer or import. Race my highway -- you'll lose control and speed FAST. Cadillac is also "class" and style, whereas rice is just nothing more than lightweight, cheap body kits. I am not for junking off the line, I'm for the ride, the looks and the power.

BTW my Lac withe the 300HP Northstar V8 gets 28 hwy and 17 cty. It's all OEM with no mods other than the window tint and sexy paint.

Ok well first of all, hondas car out perform your "caddy" in every area. Your caddy wont handle worth sh*t, however hondas are small and nimble and can handle very well. You drive a big 3500 pound boat that cant handle. I have driven honda's well past 150, and they are stable. They dont fly apart like you seem to think. Your v8 gets 28 mpg because 4 cyl.'s shut off on the highway. You deserve an opinion but if you are going to trash tuners then please dont post anymore.

Just because you cant handle the fact that a small 4 cyl. honda can beat your caddy doesnt mean you have to insult me or any other tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.