electrical problem

nathan bickom

Dec 13, 2016
i have a problem with my sons 2006 blaster. when in wet conditions it will act like the rev limiter is at 2000rpm and you wont be able to give it throttle. if i wiggle the harness in front of the quad going to cdi it will start to run fine again. sometimes it wont happen for months, this weekend i took the whole harness apart and went through every wire and i see no rubbed spots on any wires or pinched wires, could it be a bad cdi? i have the tors already eliminated. any ideas

i have a problem with my sons 2006 blaster. when in wet conditions it will act like the rev limiter is at 2000rpm and you wont be able to give it throttle. if i wiggle the harness in front of the quad going to cdi it will start to run fine again. sometimes it wont happen for months, this weekend i took the whole harness apart and went through every wire and i see no rubbed spots on any wires or pinched wires, could it be a bad cdi? i have the tors already eliminated. any ideas
Clean all connections. Check for loose pins on both ends of plug. Maybe alittle dialectic grease?

thanks, im starting to thing water is getting in to the plug i disconnected for the parking brake switch. i am going to cut it off and cap the wires and see what happens. thanks for your reply

thanks, im starting to thing water is getting in to the plug i disconnected for the parking brake switch. i am going to cut it off and cap the wires and see what happens. thanks for your reply
Make sure stator cover gasket is good also.getting water in there is a problem too