Effect performance???

Robert Zumbro

Jul 11, 2020
Michigan
So I noticed the other day when I changed my spark plug for the first time sence I bought the atv that the plug in it was a B9es instead of B8es like it's supposed to be..would that wrong plug affected performance?????

“It is pretty tough to tell the difference. The only thing we did notice was a slight advantage with the hotter plug (b8es) when the motor was cold. The colder plug (b9es) seemed to make a little more hp when the bike was hot.”

pulled from a 250r forum.

the only difference between plug heat ranges is the depth of the ceramic insulator.
A cold plug dumps MORE heat into the head making the insulator colder.
hence why a hotter plug is suggested when fouling plugs as the insulator stays hotter and prevents fouling, it has nothing to do with the spark being hotter or producing more power

index.php

Is it normal for the 2 cycle to take a couple laps to what I call "clear out " and run crisp and smooth??

only if you didn't let it fully warm up before riding it ?
which is the secret to a long lasting 2 stroke engine ... ALWAYS fully warm it up before riding it, so the aluminum piston can fully expand in the cast iron cylinder.
I let it warm up with light blips of the throttle until I can't hold my hand on the head for more than a few seconds or get burnt