Dyracuse ATV Park In Rome

Jul 13, 2011
We took our machines to Dyracuse ATV park in Rome Wis yesterday. Mainly because all the trails in Wisconsin are closed till Mid May. It exceeded our expectations. There are some challenging courses there. The two motocross tracks will push your machine. I didn't like the 15/38 gears for the motocross track. I wasn't able to get into 4th at all on it. I probably try a 13/40 gear next time if we go again. The dirt was very dry and loose and hard to get going in. Several jumps and whoops and washboards. The Pro Track was a jump track that defiantly used all the travel in my yfz450 shocks. It was a hard track and easy to get speed up. It was a bit nerve racking with 20 other machines on it at once. I did three laps and got off and my hands wear shaking. I tried it again at the end of the day when it was vacant. Then I got braver and started getting more air. There was also 10 miles of heavily wooded trails with nice combination of loose sand and dirt and not so many jumps and washboards in three separate loops. Two of the loops converged into a mud bog area. Which my 7yr old son loved. He also liked the pee wee coarse. So if your close to dyracuse and haven't been there I recommend going. If your machine holds up to those courses it will hold up to anything.

There's another place out there too. I think it's west of the lakes. I'm not completely sure though. I had brought my bike up there a couple years ago when I was visiting my folks. Me n my buddy had come in from Saratoga, from the north. Took some back roads and fire lanes to get there. It was pretty fun until the DNR stopped me cuz I didnt have my headlight on. Whoops! Then come to find out I don't have my bike registered in WI, or have the WI safety course, or have a spark arrestor. Needless to say it could have been better, but still good trails.

I used to race harescrambles in this park. The motocross track is really loose sand and has very few jumps but fun hills and turns. The other one is a "supercross" track. It has some big jumps but it is like riding on clay. Really hard packed and the jumps are all rounded because it is too hard to maintain. The actual trails are a lot of fun and even better if you can find the trails made by the old harescrambles trails. It is all sand and you have options. It honestly takes about 2 days to find everything. I haven't been there in about 3 years and it was on my ktm.