dt 400

98 tunner

Aug 8, 2009
NEW YORK
Hi guys, I have a second partial roller chassis that I was toying around with the idea of doing a engine swap in. Any one ever tryed to put a dt 400 engine in a Blaster frame? I can get a complete engine for fairly cheap.Was not sure if mounts were any were even close to blasters. only one that realy worrys me is the rear swing arm mount others are no problem for me to change.

have a dt400 bottom end. i was going to use but decided not to. not sure about front mounts but the rear mount for the swingarm i think you will have to drill out to except the bolt. if your in the market for a good lower end for parts let me know will sell cheap. make offer. shipping will be a little bit though.

Are they basicly the same lower end {case wise} as a dt 200? Read the post on the dt 200 swap sounded like it was pritty straight forword. Was also conserned about height of the 400.

I guess it all depends on the yr the 400 is but the dt200's lower end is the same as blaster except it has water pump integrated above oil injection pump. I believe on the 400 you would have to raise the fuel tank slightly on the blaster for it to clear. do a search for 400 in the search function. can't remember name but somebody converted a yz400 to fit in blaster and the dt400 might be close to that for what you have to do.

Look at Paulie b he has go a 400 in his,and it is the cleanest install i have EVER seen on a swap like that.