diy chainroller

hooksmorgan

Dec 3, 2013
Martinez, G.A.
Ive seen the other threads from everyone else about this, but i came up with an idea also that was dirt cheap and took fifteen minutes. I used the little oem plastic piece you're left with when the oem roller crumbles. Took a piece of 5/8 I.D. & 7/8 O.D. clear reinforced chemical tube heated it up and slid the original little white roller sleeve into it. Then i took a 1/2 sch80 pvc coupling ground the thin seperater strip out of the middle and placed it in front of a heat gun for about 5 - 10 minutes. Once it was squishy and flexible i worked the other piece into it, allowed it to cool and ground off the excess. And done cost little to nothing and took no time.

Attachments

• chain roller.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 317
Since the mount is threaded all the way threw, and I have a parts dirtbike laying around, I cut the mounts off. I left about 1 mm of material as a spacer and took the chain rollers and bolts off the bike and mounted them to blaster. Same bolt size and thread pitch.

Nice!! Its always a plus when you've got spare bikes for parts layin around. Im gonna put this creation threw hell and see how it holds up.... If I'm not pleased I'll be doing the same and cutting that mount down some but I'm gonna try it with old skateboard wheels that have still got the bearingsB)