dirtbike riders-- advice plz

MXmaineiac67

Feb 28, 2008
okay so I have an 08 yz85 now, and i love it.. but im looking for something a little bigger. I race motocross and ride trails, so the mixed gas thing is a pain on long rides.. what do you guys think of the yz250F?

The yz250f is a nice bike, but i prefer the 2 stroke yz 250's. Loads of power, bout 47hp to the wheel stock. Pipe, filter and reeds and your hitting mid 50's.

An 80 to a 250 is a BIG jump. Totally different animals. While it can be costly to take stepping stones, you may be better off looking for a used 125ish size bike to use as a mid bike. Even if you still plan to end up with the 250, you will be better off imo taking an in between bike.

I had a CR250 and a KX 250, both had gobs of power. I wound up selling them both because I had no where or time to ride them.

An 80 to a 250 is a BIG jump. Totally different animals. While it can be costly to take stepping stones, you may be better off looking for a used 125ish size bike to use as a mid bike. Even if you still plan to end up with the 250, you will be better off imo taking an in between bike.

I had a CR250 and a KX 250, both had gobs of power. I wound up selling them both because I had no where or time to ride them.

125 and 250f are in the same class, SAME SIZE!!!!

250f is the next step up from 85, dude!!!

but anyways, a yz250f is a great bike, or a crf250r is good too
125s are just cheaper thats why i have one

but mine will beat most 250fs

yeah because i was gonna say if they're totally different why do they race in the same class? i understand a 2 stroke is lighter but my cousin has a yz125 and my friend has a 250f and they're side by side until top end.. hell even my 85 is almost side by side with the 250f until top speed.

btw, im not a noob.. i've ridden bikes/ quads alllll my life. and ride my friends 250f and cousins 125 a LOT. just looking for more advice, other than the opinion from 2 people. I:I

125 would be better,

MAINTENENCE!!!
Even though 2 strokes need more rebuilds, they are so easy.

When a four stroke needs a rebuild, gutted 4 u!!!

yeah because i was gonna say if they're totally different why do they race in the same class? i understand a 2 stroke is lighter but my cousin has a yz125 and my friend has a 250f and they're side by side until top end.. hell even my 85 is almost side by side with the 250f until top speed.

btw, im not a noob.. i've ridden bikes/ quads alllll my life. and ride my friends 250f and cousins 125 a LOT. just looking for more advice, other than the opinion from 2 people. I:I

yea sounds like u got it all figured out

i would say that if your gunna buy a 250 go with a 2 stroke...cuz its less of a headache and its faster then the 250f...but watever you do your gunna get a bangin bike...i think imma trade my banshee into the dealer fer a 07 yz450f

my friend has a kx80 and a yz250f.. the kx 80 has a port and polish job..thats it..and we keep up with the 250..well i aint riding no more..2 broke knees =[

i would go for a 125 there nice and light, have plenty of power and rebuilding a 2 stroke isn't anywhere near as bad as rebuilding a 4 stroke. Also i know several people who have had 250 4 pokes and they say that the blow up quite a lot lol

yea i agree.

125s are lighter and are just easier to ride after an 85

im not saying theyre faster than 250fs, but for the price difference, they can be much faster

they handle alot better, and dont feel as top-heavy