decisions, decisions....

I

I_Sneebarted

So I went and picked this baby up yesterday.... FOR FREE. I:I

sdc10137ab6.jpg

sdc10133po8.jpg

sdc10134vn4.jpg

The feller who I got it from claims he rode it around for a few years until the clutch went out. Apparently he never got around to getting the thing going again. So it sat in a shed/on the back porch for about a decade, which at some point during that duration of time he decided to shoot the tires out with a crossbow for reasons completely unknown.

I originally planned to get it back together with a whole new clutch, some new tires, clean it up here and there, then drop it in the classifieds and make a couple hundred bucks. However, upon closer inspection in the daylight this morning, it's become pretty apparent that it needs quite a bit more TLC than I had imagined.

So it's kind of a toss-up now. Plan A probably wouldn't pay off, so I'm now stuck between B (Stripping the quad down completely and parting off what I can on Ebay) and C (Keep it as an on-going side project that could either develop into one sick Blaster, or possibly just a mechanically-sound beater quad for my non-riding buddies to dick around on that I don't have to worry about.)

So, given this piece... what would you do with it? Before I switched over to two wheels, I rode quads for many years. The itch has definitely come back, not to mention I've always wanted a two-stroke couch, but how much potential do these little blasters really have?

I think that for shape your refering to it being in Id part it out. You'll definitely come out ahead that way and then maybe $100 or 2 of your own money and get yourself one that isn't going to break the bank to ride....just my opinion as far as the potential of these little bikes, mine will easily keep up with a 400ex and give banshees a run for their money but ive got over $5k in mine so....

i would part it out... not worth the time or money...
but these blasters do have potential with some work... i beat 400ex's easily and can keep up with banshees... ive got about 3 grand in mine

dude i would keep it, yah its beat up and sh*t, but in the end if you choose to rebuild it, youll be so happy with it, do maybe a little bit of work on it, put a little time and money in it little by little. its your choice,

right now, i would see how much its going to cost just to get it to run, consider what it will need, and go from there. if it seems like too much money, you will have your answer of course.

i would say keep it .. thats what i did with my free blaster i have it for my friends to ride:) .. if u part lmk i may want some stuff off it ...