CUSTOM VENTED HOOD WHAT CHU KNOW BOUT DAT!!

crusty4365

Sep 2, 2007
montgomery NY
custom vented hood i just made with some duct tape and gutter guard and scissors and an ipod too keep my minds buisy while i did this boring project lol

heres some pics of my end result
blasterhood001.jpg

blasterhood002.jpg

blasterhood004.jpg

I:I what do u guys think of my work?!

looks awesome! but maybe try some double sided tape? the duct tape probally wont stay long after it gets wet!! lol

im thinking about layering more tape that way when it does get wet it will take longer to peal off

and who cares if it peals off it took 45 mins and i used tape and gutter guard that i found in the garage..... FREEBIE!!

exactly...duct tape, dirt and water don't add up to sticky...you really need to mechanically fasten it somehow, just not sure other than screws or pop rivets which look at tad bit tacky IMO...

i think once i get small fog light kinda lights to mount under the fenders il fasten it cuz once i fasten it in theres no going back i want to be possitive i have a headlight to use before i fasten it

IMGP1565.jpg

IMGP1566.jpg

IMGP1567.jpg

crusty wanted me to post pics of mine to compare. i did not put the nuts on the screws yet so the screen will look a lil loose

Looks good, an epoxy would dry and hold it in place.
Know what would look trick on those hoods? Carve out the smaller vents, cut em out bigger, give em a little bit more stlye. The mesh would show more & would look badass!

Hot glue gun works good too. I think yours looks pretty frickin cool really.

Here's my 'custom' hood. I made it with a speaker grill cheeep I:I

I cut this crap out

DSCF3370.jpg

Cut the grill to fit

DSCF3367.jpg

Blablaow!

DSCF3364.jpg

When putting that mesh in, I use a heavy duty hot glue. It has worked on the body kits I put on cars! And on my 900RR