cross country

R

Ragan37

What would I have to do to a quad to get it ready for amater cross country racing and how much would it cost?

My kid raced a BMX bike for 9 years and got bored so we started racing moter bikes. His quad is set up for the track and XC. Weve raced 3 quad nationals on a MX track and are undefieted and he's raced one XC and took a 3rd outa 14 riders. I spent 3months building it and spent 4700 on aftermarket goodies. I would recomend to start off with suspension if your thinking about racing. Shoot me an email and we can chat some more if ya like. Oh by the way he races in the Blaster B class. Also races a YZ 85.

Im trying to figure out how to put all my pics up. I have all from start to finish. If any one can help me ou, please feel free to school me....

i haven't raced XC yet but i will next season. like said before start wioth suspension and then underbelly protection as in skidz and swingarm guard. then move to hand guards possibly a bigger gas tank etc. motor modifications well major ones aren't really recomended because in XC you really don't wanna have a problem with your bike out on the 6-10 mile track. but minor mods are great and will help. to answer your question on how much it will cost. that actually depends on how much you wanna spend. but it will definitely be cheaper than a 4 stroke lol i hope this helps

I'd say just go out and run one race. After that you'll know what to improve on. I've been racing for about a year now I've finally got my quad setup just how I want it. But if you have the money Id say go with shocks, skids, and some 6 ply tires. If not, just go out there with what you got and have fun. Dont try to win your first xc race, just try to survive it.B-)

get a case saver, i'm not sure if this has been posted yet but a case saver is just cheap insurance instead of getting your case cracked and then your well lets say the F word honestly lol but none the less it is for fun and you should enjoy it as a FAST casual trial ride basicly for a first timer

I almost forgot one thing, get a camelbak.lol. I messed up and ran my first race w/o one. What made it worse was that it was May and it was like 95 out and the track was a dust bowl. I almost fell out after it was over...I still managed to finish and get 4th in my class tho.B-)

I almost forgot one thing, get a camelbak.lol. I messed up and ran my first race w/o one. What made it worse was that it was May and it was like 95 out and the track was a dust bowl. I almost fell out after it was over...I still managed to finish and get 4th in my class tho.B-)

definitely a must

What would I have to do to a quad to get it ready for amater cross country racing and how much would it cost?

Hey im going to race in cross country here in Indiana. What you need is some good tires for sure,(razr2s) and some big handguards because when you have people in front of you they throw a lot of mud at you and handguards keeps the mud from your grips and its slick. Shocks and a arms are good to because it makes your quad wider and have better ground clearance. Skid plates are nice to have to because in cross country there is lots of ruts.

I too will be starting to run xc this year here is what I have so far
01 blaster
+2 a-arms
05 spindles hydro
front bead locks 2-3 off set
+2 steering stem with anti vibe
steering stablizer
elka fronts shock comp and rebound
rear is stock lenth swing arm with elka comp rebound and compression
rear hydro up grade
made my own frame gussets
rear beadlocks
engine is bored .020 (locked it up last year)
lightly ported and polished
30mm carb
v-force 3 reeds
LRD pipe
K&N with outwear
air defelctors
powder coated fram
DG front bumber & grab bar
after market levers and throttle
is there anything I am doing right or worng???? friends are MX racers and trying to help me where they can