Crash pics!

Xero

Jan 8, 2012
England, UK.
So today me and my friend had a hea don crash, basically there I was coming out of the track he was coming in, we were the only people there and so was pushing it a little coming in and out, went round the blind corner and guess where my friend was of all the places? YUP! on his way towards me! So, we hit the brakes, loose gravel, wet .. sliding towards each other, I was in about 3rd on the blasty.. i could see we were about to hit head on so i swerved.. and the back end pulled towards him and we hit, his quad flipping over and in the air about 4 foot.. i went flying but since i wear proper gear I was fine.. only damage to hsi quad was a puncture.. I got a fair bit of damage to the blaster but could of been ALOT LOT WORSE!!

Heres some pics I:I

39148844513171884047010.jpg

55932544513189217378620.jpg

31163444513208884043311.jpg

So far, from what I can see the damage is: Spindle, wheel, bumper not sure if anything else untill i clean it up and have a look, I was having a look around at prices to fix it.. i was looking at around £250/$392 .. parts are very expensive in the UK :/

So guess what I did? :p ....

60037644511956884168545.jpg

I picked this up for £400/$628 .. Thats half the price of a running one over here..

The story of it is: the piston skirt shattered so they did a bottom end rebuild and now all it needs is the piston and rear caliper, bore looks good, but my plan is for now the put my engine in and run it for a while, then build 1 GOOD blaster out of the 2 and then build a 2nd out of whats left.. I have a few spares in my garage already.. So now after 300miles round trip, from 10pm to its now 6:48am .. im going to get some sleep! lol

EDIT: Something I want to check is, it may just be me being tired and late at night.. BUT the ports looked very clean and bigger than mine! so Ill be checking them out tomorrow!

Ouch man Glad you had Gear I Bet , Not As Much Damage as I Thought By Reading the Thread Title , Good Deal On the Blue one ! , Like Those Nerfs on it ! , I Just bought me a Parts blaster with the same thing wrong with it, Except allot Worse i bet with my piston and Cyl , Good Luck with the Swaps and Builds , Check mine out !

Ouch man Glad you had Gear I Bet , Not As Much Damage as I Thought By Reading the Thread Title , Good Deal On the Blue one ! , Like Those Nerfs on it ! , I Just bought me a Parts blaster with the same thing wrong with it, Except allot Worse i bet with my piston and Cyl , Good Luck with the Swaps and Builds , Check mine out !

Ill take a look! dont suppose you know what nerfs they are? :/

thats the first time i've ever seen a spindle break before the tie rod
glad nobody got hurt
good deal on the blue one, but i gotta ask, do you plan on "pinking" that one out too ???

thats the first time i've ever seen a spindle break before the tie rod
glad nobody got hurt
good deal on the blue one, but i gotta ask, do you plan on "pinking" that one out too ???

No :p I'm planning on doing something with it but maybe just orange and black :)

your lucky man, good to hear your ok. nice to hear you had the gear.

when i was younger (13) i had a nasty crash like this that left me bed ridden for 2 months and a year to get back to walking again.
i went out for a casual ride on a friends 4x4 quad. another friend had a mx dirtbike, he told me to take it up the trail and try it out "come on to'er" . i got blairing down the trail wot and ended up having a head on colision with another on a mx bike around a blind corner.
i was almost killed, on colison there foot peg went through my right foot and "blew" out the right side. leaving my foot split down the center in two halfs. after 6 months my pinky toe had to be amputated due to the foot not accepting it back. a very small price to pay considering i can walk fine now. wearing mx boots would of saved my foot. i do catch myself sometimes riding without the proper gear!!!:-[ not smart on my half

now in saying all this the one thing i learned more then anything and i hope you have to. NO Blasting on blind cornersssI:II:I

your lucky man, good to hear your ok. nice to hear you had the gear.

when i was younger (13) i had a nasty crash like this that left me bed ridden for 2 months and a year to get back to walking again.
i went out for a casual ride on a friends 4x4 quad. another friend had a mx dirtbike, he told me to take it up the trail and try it out "come on to'er" . i got blairing down the trail wot and ended up having a head on colision with another on a mx bike around a blind corner.
i was almost killed, on colison there foot peg went through my right foot and "blew" out the right side. leaving my foot split down the center in two halfs. after 6 months my pinky toe had to be amputated due to the foot not accepting it back. a very small price to pay considering i can walk fine now. wearing mx boots would of saved my foot. i do catch myself sometimes riding without the proper gear!!!:-[ not smart on my half

now in saying all this the one thing i learned more then anything and i hope you have to. NO Blasting on blind cornersssI:II:I

Yup, I deffinetly have... when you think about it its something you would say not to do but you do anyway until one time it goes wrong! :p

Reactions: speedemon17
i was debating giving you rep for this but the purple really ties in with your bike then i said screw it and sent u some green