confused

blaster220

Apr 4, 2013
wv
ok so i have heard so many people talk about plug and chop i am fairly new to this and have no clue and eny one help

this is the short version you warm up the bike then go to the place where you can ride an wot run 1-5-6 gears and put in a new plug then run in through 1-5-6 then shut the bike off compleatly then take out the plug and put in old one to get back to your house/truck whatever. then you cut the threads off of the plug without breaking the insulator and there should be like a moca brown/cardboard dark brown tan line on the bottom of the insulator before it necks down. This will give you an accurate reading of how your jetting for your bike is with your motor mods. hope this helps

Before you make the plug chop run it is important that the float level is correct, the idle is set correctly and there are no air leaks in the system, otherwise the smoke ring may lie about the AFR.

WHEN ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE CORRECT PROCEED WITH THE FOLLOWING.

Warm up motor to operating temp.

Fit new B8ES plug, ride through the gears and hold WOT in 5th or 6th gear for 10 seconds, or as long as you can safely.

Switch off the motor and pull in the clutch, apply brakes to come to a stop quickly.

Take the plug out and replace the old one for the ride home.

Carefully cut the threaded end off the plug to expose the insulator.

There should be a smoke ring of a cardboard or biscuit colour around the insulator.

If it is non existant or a very light colour, you are lean and require a larger main jet.

If it is a lot darker you are rich and may go down a size in main.

I prefer to run a little on the darker side, I may loose a little power but it is worth it for the peace of mind that I won't need a rebuild so soon.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-plug-chop-38674/

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/plug-chop-how-vid-48226/

This is a good to go plug.

2wr2fwo.jpg

This one is a little rich, but I would run it, I like to be on the safe side.

plug152mainmediumoi2.jpg

You have to get up a reasonable speed so that you can get the motor to pull strongly.

Then hold it Wide Open Throttle (WOT) for 10 secs or as long as you can.

The idea is not to get speed but to make it pull strong at full throttle to get onto the main jet curcuit.

I find I can safely do it on a short run by applying the brakes some.

If you have not enough room you can use 4th or 5th gear with good results.

So basically you need to do a leak test first,, Look up leak test on here and follow directions, there is also a few videos. Then check your carb like blaaster said.. Grab a brand Spankin new plug,(after you leak test and check float and so on)'' now with that new plug keep it in your pocket or some place safe along with your plug socket and wrench.. Now warm her up take it for a quick ride going through the gears Take out the old plug you were just riding with and keep it with you. Then take that new plug you have and put it in quad, ········· THIS NEW PLUG IS ONLY GOING TO BE USED FOR ONE RIDE THROUGH ALL THE GEARS IF NOT ONLY 5 """""SAFELY"""""..then you are going to take that new plug you just put in and replace the new plug with the older one you have been using.. and ride back to where ever with the old plug and the new plug in your pocket.. now the new plug only having a quick ride on it is going to tell you about your jetting.. like stated before.. most importantly remember that new plug I's only being used to go through the gears once and holding WIDE OPEN THROTTLE FOR TEN SECONDS.. than that plug has done its job.. After you get back home or wherever you will cut the thread section of the plug off and look for the ring.. better details were explained before me but being if you have never done this before or even heard of it i am sure you could be confused at first.. Basicly that new plug I's a one way ticket. Use the old plug to get back..