Clutch push rod broke

zack221

May 15, 2009
I have been having all kinds of trouble trying to adjust the clutch on my friend's 2003 blaster and today I started to adjust it and found that the clutch push rod has broke back inside the shaft and I can't get it out. I have tried sticking the broke piece back in there and putting a magnet on it and I also tried turning the fourwheeler on its side and using a magnet but it still won't fall out. I have the clutch push lever out of the other side also. I believe it has all seized up inside the shaft because when I had the clutch push lever in there i could not push it all the way forward like it should. So does anyone have any ideas on how I could get the broke piece, ball bearing, and the second push rod out? I was talking to a local mechanic today and he told me it sounds like it has seized up so more than likely I will have to split the cases and put a new shaft in and both new pushrods and ball bearing. I am just trying to figure out if there is an easier way of doing this because I really dont want him to have to spend $200+ on all the new parts and labor. I have attached some pictures to show you what kind of mess I am in lol. The push rod that broke is # 18 in the picture.

Attachments

• DSCF0026.jpg
    DSCF0026.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 497
  • DSCF0027.jpg
    DSCF0027.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 466
  • YA-2XJ110-8100.jpg
    YA-2XJ110-8100.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 274
I have been having all kinds of trouble trying to adjust the clutch on my friend's 2003 blaster and today I started to adjust it and found that the clutch push rod has broke back inside the shaft and I can't get it out. I have tried sticking the broke piece back in there and putting a magnet on it and I also tried turning the fourwheeler on its side and using a magnet but it still won't fall out. I have the clutch push lever out of the other side also. I believe it has all seized up inside the shaft because when I had the clutch push lever in there i could not push it all the way forward like it should. So does anyone have any ideas on how I could get the broke piece, ball bearing, and the second push rod out? I was talking to a local mechanic today and he told me it sounds like it has seized up so more than likely I will have to split the cases and put a new shaft in and both new pushrods and ball bearing. I am just trying to figure out if there is an easier way of doing this because I really dont want him to have to spend $200+ on all the new parts and labor. I have attached some pictures to show you what kind of mess I am in lol. The push rod that broke is # 18 in the picture.

i think there was a thread a little while ago saying that its kinda common on a blaster to have the little ball end melt to somethin on the inside. splitting the cases isnt too hard, and really you could get new parts from fee gay for cheap im sure.

I dont think splitting the cases will be that bad but I would rather not have to if I can keep from it but im fixing to go take the motor out of the frame and see if I can get it out. Also I forgot to mention the guy that owned it before me never changed the crankcase oil because he didn't know there was oil in the crankcase lol yea he was retarded. So do you think the oil got so thin it caused it to seize up?

I dont think splitting the cases will be that bad but I would rather not have to if I can keep from it but im fixing to go take the motor out of the frame and see if I can get it out. Also I forgot to mention the guy that owned it before me never changed the crankcase oil because he didn't know there was oil in the crankcase lol yea he was retarded. So do you think the oil got so thin it caused it to seize up?

well id say it definately didnt help it out much.:eek:

Well I got the motor out of the frame and im pretty sure its seized up inside that shaft so I ordered some of the parts tonight and i gotta order the rest tomorrow.

Well I pulled the motor apart and the piston skirt had 4 hairline cracks this stupid thing is going to be a money pit