CFM airbox adapter boots

dirtysquared

DirtyDirty
Jun 30, 2013
South Western PA
I found out today that the airbox to carb boot is the exact same one that goes on a stock banshee airbox to carb.

CFM told me, that they purposely designed it this way so that boots would be readily available for a long time. This is WILL only WORK if you are running a 26mm mikuni stock carb.

Larger carbs will need a 2.5" (CFM airbox tube size) x the O.D. of the inlet side of the carb your going to use.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Awk08 and Fast6hand
The adapter they send also is a pain in the ass! and slips off the carb easily! (happened to me twice...)

i use this turbo silicone for mine. its about 4-5 inches long so you can cut it off or move the airbox back
i also run turbo clamps which is way overkill, but they are cheap on egay :)
*note* this will not work on stock carb. you need to measure your intake side OD on the carb to know your size! i have 32mm mikuni
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-to-2-5-...ack-/190574720922?hash=item2c5f23779a&vxp=mtr

Just measured the carb on my engine and its 43mm OD on the part the rubber boot goes up to. Stock carb?

Going to be running the CFM airbox. Will the banshee boot work for me or am I best to get a silicone one that I can shorten if I need to.

Thanks

The size of the carb is the inside diameter of the motor side.

the O.D. he talks about here is to know what size of an adapter to order

Ended up buying 3-Ply 1.5"-2.5" Black Silicone Straight Reducer Intercooler Turbo Coupler Hose. They fit perfect on a Stock Carb with the CFM air-box.

DSCN3981.jpg

Reactions: Awk08