Can you put electric start on a Blaster?

DarkHorse281

Sep 30, 2009
Well we've had the blaster now for just over a month. The biggest complaint that I get is that the wife hates the kick start. So I thought that I would surprise her and install an electric start on it for her. My only question is: Can electric start be installed on a blaster? If so is there a kit for it? If not can you use an electric start set up off another ATV? For example, would it be possible to take the electric start off of one of the smaller Raptors? Please help me out with this one guys because as you know when Mama is happy everyone else is happy. Thanks -Darkhorse281-

Better just buy her a Polaris. I have never seen anyone try to put an electric start on a Blaster. Pretty sure it won't happen.

i cant even imagine it happening inside the motor like a stock electric start setup, unless it could be done where the oil injection goes????
but something may be possible on the drive gear or on the rear sprocket, but ya better have a good imagination and mad fabbing skills

good answer gearhead, hahahaaaa, but she may already be stroked and ported, if so, better keep her

there was a old fart who put a big dodge truck starter in his zilla.....i guess it could be done , but at an exspense (weight, looks, etc.)

you could find a starter from a 2 stroke snowmobile, just put in place of the kickstart. just a random thought i just had. it could be done and you could market it for tons of loot if it works

Reactions: blooper
you would need to find a place to but a battery have to get a wiring harness to go from the battery to the stator for keeping the battery charged probally have to get a higher output stator . it be cheaper to guy her another quad

for the juice to keep it charged you could probably use either the high or low beam from the headlight, just take away one or the other then you get charging with out too much hassle . im tellin you it could be done if you can fabricate. i personally dont weld but if i could id be tryin this so i could sell it to anybody who wanted electric start