Can I Get Some Info on Quad Racing?

PACO

Apr 21, 2010
Hey everyone,
I would like to start to get into racing a little, but I don't know to much about quad racing (I have more know-how on dirt bike racing). I listed somethings that I would like to know, so if any of you could answer my questions I would really appreciate it! Thank you

I would like to know the costs

Should I race a Raptor 250 or Blaster

Is certain gear required (leat braces etc.)

And anything else that would be important to know.

Thank you I:I

you need to check the rules where you want to race for required safety gear, but i'll tell you now you'll need nerfs for sure as well as a tether killswitch

i would race a blaster since you asked about the cost, a raptor is gonna take more money to make race ready.

suspension is 1st on the list. a arms, shocks, swing arm, and good tires

With quad racing you will need a helment, boots, nerf bars and tether kill switch. And race a Blaster over a Raptor 250. The Blaster is quicker and has more room for improvement.

you need to check the rules where you want to race for required safety gear, but i'll tell you now you'll need nerfs for sure as well as a tether killswitch

i would race a blaster since you asked about the cost, a raptor is gonna take more money to make race ready.

suspension is 1st on the list. a arms, shocks, swing arm, and good tires

X2

At the track we race at it is a Blaster and Raptor class. The blasters beat the Raptors on the holeshot and on the rest of the track.

Kgibson: At the track we race at it is a Blaster and Raptor class. The blasters beat the Raptors on the holeshot and on the rest of the track.

I saw the video you had posted. What mods do you have done to your quad?

+5 Snyder a-arms, elka fronts, pep 250r rear, +2 stem, +3 swingarm, ccp steering stabilizer, razor cross fronts, ITP mxr6 rears plus all the engine stuff....but as Brandoz28 said get the suspension and the handling first...it'll make you faster and safer!

i disagree if you have a modded blaster with suspension i would go with a blaster but if your going stock for stock i would get the raptor because it has better handling and a little better suspension if at all better plus your getting the power out of the corners that is needed but if your surely gonna race it is just preference because both are pretty close in the moto world

i disagree if you have a modded blaster with suspension i would go with a blaster but if your going stock for stock i would get the raptor because it has better handling and a little better suspension if at all better plus your getting the power out of the corners that is needed but if your surely gonna race it is just preference because both are pretty close in the moto world

the thing is for the price difference between a raptor 250 and a blaster you can have a good start on an aftermarket suspension for the blaster. thats at least around here