buying me a Banshee.....

Paullew

Feb 20, 2009
OK started a thread last night. banshee Yzf450 you know the one.

Lets keep in mind. I'm done wrenching, building, and buying quad parts.
I dont get out enough riding to work on them. Just want to ride. And be reliable. Time is money.

YAMAHA BANSHEE - eBay (item 110642961554 end time Feb-06-11 16:08:53 PST)

Thats the Banshee.

2010 NEW Yamaha YFZ450X FI Bill Ballance Edition !! (D) - eBay (item 250766619104 end time Feb-07-11 09:51:02 PST)

That is the YFZ450, but that is going rate. May find one a little cheaper. tons of leftovers around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not contact the sellers and BS with them.

I have already spoken to them. Trying to hammer something out....

if you want to pay $4500 for that one, i will sell you mine for $5000 and it will be 10x better than that banshee.

that is a good deal for that 450x though.

i just want to say some things about that banshee
1) i call bullshit on it being professional tuned for the T5 when it has zero hours on the engine
2) the coolhead really doesn't lower the operating temp, they are used to swap dome sizes. also they are not called coolheads.
3) it looks to have been ridden a little.

yes i agree with sheeblast because if you look closely the front disc brakes have some wear

not just that, the front tires are not 100% new, they are worn down some.
plastic doesn't get bent from being it a crate.
also the rear plastic has the seat marks that only happen from riding it.
i had my seat on my quad for a while just sitting there and it didn't get those marks til after i went for a ride.

shee all the way . its in near perfect condition. The 4 poker is nice too , just looks too ricey . It looks like a Internal Combustion Poke'mon

4500 is reasonable for a banshee in that good of consition around here, still a bit high tho. but im sure thats way too high for in your area. you could always find one that has more stuff done to it, but not as shiny, for cheaper.

1) the yfz450 and the yfz450x are two completely different quads. the x is way better.
2) that one banshee has some huge carbs what sounds like a stockish motor.

like i said, my banshee is up for sale at 5K.

New out of the crate he puts it in after riding?
The front tires look used and they don't have all the titties on them.
I noticed he left out a close up of the rears but the glimpse you get of them they look pretty used also.
I also noticed the seat wear on the plastic and agree with sheeblast that does not happen without riding.
$4500 is too much for that bike in my opinion.

1) the yfz450 and the yfz450x are two completely different quads. the x is way better.
2) that one banshee has some huge carbs what sounds like a stockish motor.

like i said, my banshee is up for sale at 5K.

So you are saying the x is worth the the 2400 more??? He still has to pay for shipping and the title and the documentation plus 6.25% sales tax.He is saving atleast 3000 buying the non x locally.Most likely more.

carb vs EFI, x wins
the x makes more power all around, x wins
9.1 v 9.4, x wins in front wheel travel
10.6 v 11, x wins in rear wheel travel
the x is a better quad. and i will say it is worth the 2400 more to have a newer better quad.

Banshee and the 450x...
Carb vs EFI- 450x...
The 450x makes more OVERALL power-450x...
9.1 vs 9.4/ Front wheel travel 450x...
8.7 vs 11.0/ Rear wheel travel 450x...

The 450x is a better machine than the banshee....

considering IF this is a brand new banshee, when is that oppurtunity gonna come along again ????

Last edited:
New out of the crate he puts it in after riding?
The front tires look used and they don't have all the titties on them.
I noticed he left out a close up of the rears but the glimpse you get of them they look pretty used also.
I also noticed the seat wear on the plastic and agree with sheeblast that does not happen without riding.
$4500 is too much for that bike in my opinion.

Agreed. That wouldn't even sell for $3500 in my area. It's only selling punch is that it's "new looking".......after a couple rides it will be just as dirty and any other quad.

Even if that Banshee has been ridden a bit. I think its still worth the 4500. Yea it is a lot.
But price a new Raptor or YFZ450 off the showroom floor. Sales tax and all that.

My point with that Banshee is I hop on and ride. I have built, wrenched, bought quad parts and done all that fun stuff. Give me something stock or semi stock and let me ride.

I just dont have the time or interest in rebuiding, or wrenching.

So thats the price to hop on and ride. NEW Banshees show up on Ebay from time to time.
Usually go for 5-5500 they have all been way far away though.