Blaster good or bad

yamaha blaster

Jun 15, 2008
Michigan
I am more then likely getting a 2000 yamaha blaster but do they drive good, are they reliable, do they do mud good, how fast do they go, are they tippie, and what not please tell me all you know.

They drive good when you really crack on the thottle, they dont like low rpms, a blaster can be reliable if its maintained, with the right tires it can do mud, they are pretty peppy for a 200cc motor, you can really fly on them, as for tippy: yes if its stock or: no, you can flip around the front tires to gain one inch, but some good wheel spacers could help too

All right good, do you think it would do good doing about 20 mph and its got brand new terf tires on it would those do good in mud, well the mud I ride in is kind of just water.

I have an 03 and my buddy has a 00 model. We rode them on trails saturday and they are a blast. As for mud... Not so great i dont have mud tires but i have decent tread on Kendra Scorpions and mine wouldnt do hardly anything thru mud lol but they are still a blast

not too bad ron lol It didnt look like you had mud tires on it either. Im thinkin about gettin a set of ITP Mudlites for mine :) hah

I am more then likely getting a 2000 yamaha blaster but do they drive good, are they reliable, do they do mud good, how fast do they go, are they tippie, and what not please tell me all you know.

Blasters can be very fast ( 65-70 mph) power to weight.
Nothing beats the blaster for its size.

And its a 2 stroke which is speed wise faster than some 4 stroke 400cc +

My blaster Goes about 80 on a good day with the propper fuel mix, its a good cruiser and a good trail quad. I wouldnt recomend grizzly or king quad trails for the blaster, but are awesome on the beaten path. As far as the mud goes, it good in shallow mud, but nothing over 3/4 the tires, it will probably get stuck with stock balloon tires. I have kenda klaws, and they do fine!

Once I figured out how to ride it through the mud I had it covering the tires balls to the wall and shake it back and forth to get grip and I only had to get off once to move the back end.