Blaster cranks, won't start

Ozzy Perales

Sep 25, 2016
Hello, I recently bought a 99 Yamaha blaster and I'm facing a few problems, I haven't found much info, I really don't know much about atv's, so I noticed it idle'd high and I unscrewed the air screw about 360 degrees and I noticed after a day of riding it popped out , then it wouldn't start, I ordered a carb rebuild kit that came with the air screw , I took it to a small mechanic shop that put the kit in for me, but it still doesn't start, another thing is the kicker start broke, they said the reeds got stuck and they fixed it but it still doesn't wanna start, it gets spark, air, and when I pulled the gas hose, gas was going into the carb, also I attempted to push start it, when I dumped the clutch, it would start, but when I tried to rev, it wouldn't, I unplugged the tors, not completely removed, and the same thing occurred, so I expect it to be the throttle but what exactly? Thank you to anyone who takes time to read this, I'm a n00b u could say and I don't know to much about repairing quad's, Please don't come at me.

I'd check the reeds again for cracked, chipped, broken, hanging open reed petals