Blaster Boggs when throttle is touched

Cjleh757

Aug 21, 2020
Hey so here is the story about 3 months ago I went to take my blaster out it was idling fine but when I touched the throttle it would just die but would get a throatier sound. After a couple more throttle taps it dropped the skirt and seized. The stator was filled with oil so I figured my crank seal went and that was the bog i was having

So here I am a a couple months later after I have come up with the funds to build the motor. New crank, cases, bearings, seals, top end, reeds, all new hardware. Starts first kick with choke on but when i give it any throttle it just bogs. I cleaned the carb a couple times. There is fuel in the bowl but when I pull the spark plug it looks dry. Tors is deleted already but still has the box on top of the carb. Any ideas are appreciated. I dont know if this is related to the same problem that causes my motor to blow up a few months ago.

I have a fuel filter should I take that off? I noticed fuel flows quicker on res, should I clean my petcock? Pipe is clear I, I tried running without the air filter bo difference.

Here's my little story, hopefully helpful. I had the exact same problems and pulled the reeds, carb, looked at electrical. I was baffled, I know my way around engines for the most part and it had everything, spark fuel etc. It would start, idle fine but bog and never get above a certain RPM. Long story short I noticed that smoke wasn't coming out of the pipe, so I ran a metal rod into the rear exhaust pipe. As I sat there defeated, to my dismay I found out that dirt dobbers had made a pretty well engineered nest that was blocking the exhaust. So, make sure you check your exhaust system out as well, if the burnt gas can't get out it's going to be a problem.