best light kit

Dan151

Jan 1, 2008
mass
just wondering which light kits you think are worth looking into to replace the stock one?

just wondering which light kits you think are worth looking into to replace the stock one?

i will tell you what i did.... i bought some cheapo "driving lights" from wally world. $14.97

then went to radio shacko and bought a 12volt battery $25.00

..... put the battery under the seat.... ran a few wires... voila. it gives me about 45 minutes of riding time before i have to recharge.

i'll probably buy another battery to have handy... just in case.

yeah i was looking around and some from atv sites are to expensive. ill prob. do what you did but splice the wires and match the voltage and out put to a cheap car light from pepboys or wallmart and run it off the stator. should work just hoping it wont fry anything lol

those light you got look good though! thats kinda what i was going for, the banshee look.

i want to do the same thing is there any way to hook it up like dan151 was saying ???

sure... you can hooki it up to the stock wiring... just MAKE sure they are 6 volt bulbs.

the blaster has a 6 volt power system. not 12.... very important.... well, you won't fry anything but they won't work.

i was having issues with my light... so i did what i did. 12 volt lights are everywhere and easy to replace. i use 50 watt halogens in mine, but i think i will replace them with 35 watt soon..... so i can have more run time.

yeah im either gunna do what you did and run a battery system or just buy a new 6 volt light to replace the lunch box of a light (stock light) that my blaster has on it now lol

blasters already got a space for the battery under the seat so you can just find one that fits or modify it then run the wires and a switch and mount it. thats what im gunna do. and then run a 6 volt light off the stator to replace the stock light cuz i do alot of night riding where i live especially in the winter

i fit a riding lawnmower battery under the seat and am making a attemp to run a couple off road spot lights and possibly a winch in the future. i tied to hook up the stator to the battery and lights and had it going until i forgot to put in a fuse and fried the wiring harness. someone mentioned its set up on a 6 volt system, could i upgrade the harness with a lower guade wire and will the sater keep the battery charged?

i just found a little bicycle light battery that runs of of 4 AA baterries. it has 4 bright LED's. i havnt tried it yet but it should be better than nothing. it said that 4 battery give it 4 hours of bright light and 24 hours of light. it also unclips easily so if your driving at day time or showing you can take it off. altough its not bulky at all

I was actually thinkin about takin an hooking up one of the boxes off a 4 stroke quad that charges the battery (forgot what they are called sorry) an wiring it into my stator then to a battery under the seat an hooking up some aftermarket fog lights.....its an idea but i usually build all my quads for MX so i dont need a light....

Might front lights look good and work bad azz

what kind of lights do you have on your blaster and how did you wire it cuz they look sick ! i have two 12 volt after market lights and im thinking about wiring them to a battery

Wouldn't this whole lighting this just be easier by upgrading the stator and eliminate the extra wiring.. Seems like a headache to recharge a battery after 45 minutes.
Might front lights look good and work bad azz
They do, can I see pics how you mounted them? How many watts you running on those bulbs.
I have a pair of Trail Techs coming in 50w bulbs, think I'll need to step it down to 35w.
Thanks.

yeah i just wired a driving light from pepboys to the stator and it works perfect. its so much brighter then the stock one and it was easy to wire. im going to splice the wires and run a switch cuz right now its more of a running light lol ill post pictures when it dones

my batery under my seat(picture in profile)is connected to the stator, but idk if it is keeping the battery charged because its a big battery and the lights dont take much. soo far its doin fine. if i took out the battery due to weight, and ran the ricky 75w stator would it run some other lights would it hold halogens, and what was 01 blaster freak talking about with that box that the 4 strokes have? seems plausible.

my batery under my seat(picture in profile)is connected to the stator, but idk if it is keeping the battery charged because its a big battery and the lights dont take much. soo far its doin fine. if i took out the battery due to weight, and ran the ricky 75w stator would it run some other lights would it hold halogens, and what was 01 blaster freak talking about with that box that the 4 strokes have? seems plausible.
just wanted to tell ya thats you will blow your stator,if its pluged to your battery ,and for light give ricky stator a call they got special halogene light to go with them coil!!I:I

i would like to retract my 6 volt statement....

everything i can find, including the stock manual... claims a 12volt system.

i apologize for saying 6 volt... i was told it was, and i believed it.

it is in fact a 12 volt system.

yamaha specs calls for 13.5v - 14.1v (that's proper specs for 12v)

i hope no one has had any complications from my untrue claim. and i hope this clears it up.