balster vs. blaster

hmasonry83

Dec 13, 2009
I raced my 03 blaster that i just put exhaust,vito's fiber reeds, jet kit, open airbox,14t sprocket and .070 over piston against a 98 blaster with and exhaust and tusk clutch and lost. Shoulded my 03 be faster with the upgrades? Or does the clutch make that big of a diff?

Last edited:
The clutch will be make diffrence, But you should have smoked him maybe he is just a better rider? Lol joke

he has been riding longer but it still keeps up riding side by side. I wonder if I have it jeted to big. I put the biggest jet in it out of the vito's kit or does the clutch make that big of a diff if you are riding side by side and the 98 blaster can still pull away?

We both have fmf fatty gold. If bigger piston doesn't matter then why do people do it?
Just like 95BlasterRacer#107 said pistons get wore, seize ect and you need to bore the jug and put a new one in, thats what overbore pistons are for. If you want a big bore by a big bore jug and piston thats actually many cc's bigger then just 0.5-3cc bigger.

What tires do you guys have?

its probably jetting and rider cuz i can beat my friend on his blaster every time and he has more mods than me even if we swiched i would still beat him the rider makes a huge diffrence

What size is "the biggest one in the kit"?
You could be waaayyyy fat on your jetting.

its gotta be the rider.. not being mean but its prolly cause he is more experienced. i know when me and my friend raced i had a 3 mm stroker and a pro circuit pipe and silencer oh and k&n. he had fmf and boysen reeds. both had air boxes open. and he had 10 lengths on me at start and i passed him in 4th gear while he was pinned 6th lol. hes not the greatest rider.. so that could be ur issue. u could be good but just not as good as him u know..