Asr arms,banshee spindles,longtravel works.

mmajay

800 V Twin
Aug 6, 2010
Busco Beach NC/ Goldsboro
Here is a pic of the banshee brake conversion.
35air8m.jpg

Here is a pic of the long travel ASR arms and 16.25 works triple rates.
2lkbbs7.jpg

359da1v.jpg

I also installed my CPI big bore pipe so i could check where i am at with compression on the new ken occonner ported vito BB and head mods. My cylinder pressure is right at 150LBS and i am more than happy with that.
2mgtr1l.jpg

Also my new toy to add to my collection of welders.

2hpiups.jpg

I am at a stop point now to buy new tire rod ends and exhaust springs and then i will try and dial in the front toe in and caster with the banshee spindles and hydro's with heim joints.

sweet stuff J, a full ride report is a must !!!

i'm getting ready to do the same exact a-arm/shock conversion, already have the hydros, but my asr +3+1' arms i believe are standard travel ?? i'll be stealing my sons yfz works triple rates, he'll get my dual rates
any chance you could get me a measurement to the shock eye, straight down the middle from the pivot bolt ?????
that'll give me a head start on moving my shock mount to the correct location

sweet stuff J, a full ride report is a must !!!

i'm getting ready to do the same exact a-arm/shock conversion, already have the hydros, but my asr +3+1' arms i believe are standard travel ?? i'll be stealing my sons yfz works triple rates, he'll get my dual rates
any chance you could get me a measurement to the shock eye, straight down the middle from the pivot bolt ?????
that'll give me a head start on moving my shock mount to the correct location

Yea,, i can measure what you need but i aint sure what you need exactly. I will measure what i can if i can because its on a jack stand now waiting for tie rod ends .

just a straight measrement of the bottom arm, right up the middle from shock eye to new long pivot bolt, center between the heim joints at the frame mount, no matter what position it is in, that measurement will be the same
just lookin for an close measurement nuthin exact

just a straight measrement of the bottom arm, right up the middle from shock eye to new long pivot bolt, center between the heim joints at the frame mount, no matter what position it is in, that measurement will be the same
just lookin for an close measurement nuthin exact

I measured from the bottom arm shock eye or mount to the center of the long bolt (upper arm) and it was 11.25 inches i think thats the measurement your after?

naw, that can't be right, my whole arm from the pivot bolt to the back of the ball joint mount is only 11 some inches, my shock mount to pivot bolt, of the same lower arm is at around 7 inches right now ?????

heres my measurement.......................
2mhc5qe.jpg

thank you sir, major reps comin at ya !!!!!!

edit .......wow, you just jumped from 4 greenie's to 5 !!!!!

just an fyi, the banshee front brakes are the same single piston units as the blaster, a real upgrade will be the yfz fronts

just an fyi, the banshee front brakes are the same single piston units as the blaster, a real upgrade will be the yfz fronts

why would u want to run a heavier caliper? i can lock my front banshee brakes up with moderate 1 finger pressure on the brake lever. the yfz is way heavier than the blaster thats why they have dual piston calipers. theres no need for them on a blaster.

Awk, you do realize that the measurement from the pivot point against the frame to the pivot bolt hole is only half of the measurement needed, right?

I mean that number will put your figure in an useful arc but will require a bit more measuring before you can just use it like that.

You need three measurements to mount the shock mount properly. One can easily be figured while the arm is mounted on the quad, the backspacing.

The one you got some mmajay is the "arc" measurement. You'll also need the "height" measurement, or the distance of the pivot bolt hole from the plane passing through both pivot points.

You need both, like this:

ASRLTarmsedit.jpg

mmajay ... beautiful bike ya got goin there! ... since you're measuring ... :) ...any chance you could measure the actual wheel travel from fully extended to compressed to the bumper with the spring off? Really interested in what ya get with long travel arms & shocks.

mmajay ... beautiful bike ya got goin there! ... since you're measuring ... :) ...any chance you could measure the actual wheel travel from fully extended to compressed to the bumper with the spring off? Really interested in what ya get with long travel arms & shocks.

Real hard to do any measureing at the moment because it will be on jack stands for at least 3 weeks waiting for parts. I dont even have a swingarm on it at the moment either, all bolts are just hand tight waiting for new lower a arms to be made as well that are 1/2 inch shorter to make castor easier to adjust with the banshee spindles.

well arent you special

i never was able to do that, so YFZ calipers it is

the caliper is maybe a quarter of a pound heavier then the blasters, big whoop, its all about how much ill have to work the caliper for braking, the bigger the caliper the less force i have to put on the lever to stop which equals less rider fatigue, if you raced, you'd understand...

The only reason I used banshee stuff is because i had a whole banshee full of parts so why buy YFZ crap if i have free banshee wares??? By the way the banshee front brakes will toss you over the bars if set up right.

not to start this up again, but WHY did all my stuff get deleted and not certain others? seems a little biased huh?

at least the one post on the mechanics of brakes was useful.. i dont see how the couple that remain above this one are

there, i deleted my post also, no more bias

not to start this up again, but WHY did all my stuff get deleted and not certain others? seems a little biased huh?

at least the one post on the mechanics of brakes was useful.. i dont see how the couple that remain above this one are

people convert their old blaster drum brakes to hydros and the banshee stuff is easy to get