Another Buy To Pass The Time lol

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi guys while iv been waiting on word about when my Honda Cr 125 84 project i bought from france when it was being delivered i have been looking on my local selling page to buy stuff to fix and sell to pay for rebuild on cr as its going to cost me about £450/$600 for engine alone.

i looked last night at my selling page and came across a Suzuki Landie FM50 Vintage 1984 Moped

Overall its in pretty good shape wheels a little rust (nothing a paint wont sort) and back panel is a little rusty but can be rubbed down and painted also.

not done anything with it as quite late for doing anything here but had quick look and from what i can tell

its a 2 stroke (separate oil tank under seat like my previous Express NC50 Moped)

just over 3k KM on clock which works out around 1800 miles in the uk

seat needs a clean and may little repair at back as its slight torn near the rear underneath

has plenty of compression (have to hold the back break on this one to start)

only downside is it has no papers or keys but i did come back clear on a check before purchasing :)

keys are only about £4/$6 to buy locally to me and its £25/$40 to get a registration book from my local office for it.

its on a Q plate as it was previously imported into the UK by a Former Army Guy (guy i bought from wife's friends dad. who passed away and he was given it as they were clearing shed)

i plan tomorrow to drain the old fuel and clean carb out as i think it will run easy as i think its just been lying too long.

on the plus side also it is complete.

here are the pictures