Amount of room behind 03-06 hoods?

Koray

Apr 25, 2020
Hey guys I'm wondering how much room is there behind the hoods on the 03-06 blasters? Reason is because I got a yz250 motor in a 98 blaster and im planning on getting a newer hood, since they look real nice and ive heard they do fit, but im wondering how much room there is behind the hood because thats where I have my current radiator mounted, and if I did do the hood swap I was planning on switching to a yz85 radiator since they are less wide and longer. Would there be enough room behind the hood for this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hey guys I'm wondering how much room is there behind the hoods on the 03-06 blasters? Reason is because I got a yz250 motor in a 98 blaster and im planning on getting a newer hood, since they look real nice and ive heard they do fit, but im wondering how much room there is behind the hood because thats where I have my current radiator mounted, and if I did do the hood swap I was planning on switching to a yz85 radiator since they are less wide and longer. Would there be enough room behind the hood for this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I dont think you are going to get enough airflow thru the radiator with either hood. Are you running one radiator on a 250 without over heating?

I dont think you are going to get enough airflow thru the radiator with either hood. Are you running one radiator on a 250 without over heating?
Yes, hasnt overheated once on me. The 1982 yz250 was made with only one radiator. Would the vents through the hood not give enough air flow?

Yes, hasnt overheated once on me. The 1982 yz250 was made with only one radiator. Would the vents through the hood not give enough air flow?
Ahh. 82 that explains it. Never tried it. You would have to shoot it with temp gun to keep a eye on it. To see if it will work without overheating

Ahh. 82 that explains it. Never tried it. You would have to shoot it with temp gun to keep a eye on it. To see if it will work without overheating

Oh yea, i forgot to mention, I wasn't planning on putting the headlight in. But would there be enough clearance for a radiator?