Am I missing something?

Jre720

Dec 26, 2016
Hey guys I’ve got the 03 blaster back on my list of things to take care of and it’s got the same problem...tors is deleted correctly the same way I’ve done on my other blaster.. but this one only runs sometimes...it will run perfect and then I park it or turn it off go to start it again and tors seems to be activated again ..bike is idling fine I’m not really sure if I’m missing something or if there’s a reason this is happening?

Yea I spliced and got it done successfully on my 05 followed same steps for this 03 and like I said sometimes it rips other times TORs seems to still be engaged...should I test connection on anything or swap any parts? I have a 93 entire parts quad

Any possibility it could be my timing? I did replace stator with used oem not sure if that could play a part

Took off flywheel sanded it down..put it back on did a trial and error with another cdi and coil and still can’t get it to rev up only thing I am thinking is maybe try a new harness?

Any possibility it could be my timing? I did replace stator with used oem not sure if that could play a part
Timing is fix on these. Unless a aftermarket stator plate was installed or oem plate was modified. Recheck your tors delete conections. Somthing may be grounding out or wires possibly touching?

Carb is clean with oem rebuild kit...idles perfect great throttle response just can’t get the rpms up I’ve even re strippped the wires for a fresh connection...had it running amazing revving all the way up put all the plastics and bolts back in got about 40 feet down the street and tors came right back... as far as loose wires I noticed the harness at the cdi box doesn’t have the oem shrink wrap around the wires they are all exposed however I didn’t see any breaks in them what so ever

Lets look at this from a different angle. It may be tors. And ut could be something else.What did you set the float height at.while carb is off check reeds also. A restricted exhaust can give you problems also.
And do you have adequate fuel flow with hose off carb on reserve and the on positions.there is fine screens on petcock for both. Is gas cap venting. There is a check ball in there that can rust up and not vent. Which leads to a vacuum in the tank.cap can be taken apart and cleaned.

float height hasn’t been touched...reeds checked swapped out a couple gas tanks still having same problem...haven’t tried taking carb back apart and cleaning though will try tomorow