A budget XC Setup

darealblaster

2 STROKIN PUERTO RICAN
Sep 6, 2008
Puerto Rico
OK, first of all i want serious answers and as detailed as possible.

I'm planning on building a budget XC setup blaster and i want to know what parts i might need suspension and engine wise. If you could provide the parts name with the prices as new, why new? because me and my dad dont like buying use stuff, i want to see how much all would add up and buy the less amount of stuff as used.

Right now the blaster is 100% stock with the exception of handguards and rear tires. Also its a 04 so no need for buying hydros.

Please try to answer as detailed as possible with prices.

Right now i don't plan on P&P because my dad wont want to send the engine.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. a ? that has been bothering me, will i feel some performance gain from changing the rims to aluminum?? my guess is yes cuz those stock steel oens are heavy.

You wont want to go too wide or long so I think a good set of shocks would be your best first upgrade. Then a good pipe and reed combo, something good for trails like mabe a sheare(sp?) and vf3's. Nerfs and a kill switch are required also.

You wont get a hp increse with lighter rims but you will lighten the load on the motor, which in racing is a very good thing.

ok here we go
you dont want to go to much wider so i would say offset aluminum wheels (dont get anything under .160 ull bend em)
razr2's in the front
some sort of stabilizer
works shocks, with rezzies if you can...i seen front and back set on here for cheap not to long ago
nerfs
not to much motor work you want it to be reliable and be able to run a 2 hour race
outerware and filter
some sort of strong bumper, the stock is strong but ugly
i suggest a wide rear grab bar, easier to grab in mud
and thing to make you more comfortable on the machine (taller stem, different bend on bars)
good grips that are comfortable to you
much more ill add as i think of things

ok, so i would order my rims offset so i dont have to drill any holes for the stem? Yea,i wanna keep the motor work in control cuz i dont want to be rebuilding after 5 races. Im checking out prices in PB to get a clear view of how much im looking at.

call rockymaountain, they set me up with +2's back in the day on my old 96, which made it a total of 4" wider

nice, im checking out the numbers and its looking pretty expensive lol, but it will be worth it,ill have the nicest and best blaster in my town but im gonna compete it which means im gonna have to keep up with those 450 which is gonna be so tough.