400ex rear shocks?

Slapshot8

Feb 13, 2012
I've been wanting these shocks, but was wondering if you have to do any modding or can you just swap them over. and what other rear or front shocks can you just swap over?

thanks for the help!

You can use KOR shock bushings to make the 400ex/450r rear shock fit. You will also have to drill the bottom hole to 12mm to fit. For a quick cheap upgrade for the front you can use banshee front shocks. I have even seen z400 fronts used.

You can use KOR shock bushings to make the 400ex/450r rear shock fit. You will also have to drill the bottom hole to 12mm to fit. For a quick cheap upgrade for the front you can use banshee front shocks. I have even seen z400 fronts used.

I thought the Z400 fronts only fit LT arms ?

when you say drill it to 12mm, are talking about the hole on the shock of the mount on the frame?

What about the top does the KOR bushings widen from the 400EX bushing, because the bracket on the blaster frame is wider? How do fit with just bushing?

Blaster shock mounts require a larger 12mm bolt. Both top and bottom holes on the frame are 12mm. The 400ex shock has 10mm bolt holes. Therefore there is alot of slop in the shock mounts. The bushings that go in the top frame mount have a outside diamete of 12mm and a inside diameter of 10mm. You then run a 10mm bolt through the bushings and the new shock. On the bottom of the shock you drill out the 10mm hole to a 12mm. The bottom of the shock does not have a bearing so this is why your able to drill through the shock.

Blaster shock mounts require a larger 12mm bolt. Both top and bottom holes on the frame are 12mm. The 400ex shock has 10mm bolt holes. Therefore there is alot of slop in the shock mounts. The bushings that go in the top frame mount have a outside diamete of 12mm and a inside diameter of 10mm. You then run a 10mm bolt through the bushings and the new shock. On the bottom of the shock you drill out the 10mm hole to a 12mm. The bottom of the shock does not have a bearing so this is why your able to drill through the shock.

Great answer and to add yes the bushings Ken sells are spaced to take up the difference-Bob