2stroke 250r or banshee?

if you could get a decent 250r for a good price. around here you gotta give up your first born and your left arm for a decent one. LOL but imo a 250r is the best all around quad you could own.

nothing agaist the banshee i think that is an awesome quad also.

ok well first off. i own both 250r's and banshees.. as well as other 2 stroke quads... so i can give you an honest opinion... first off what kinda racing are you talking about?
either works great in trails if they are set up right.. banshees are simple to set up for trails.. but it requires some portwork to get the engine setup up really nice for trails.. a stocker with pipes has a pretty narrow powerband.. but i rode a stock but pipes shee in trails for years. the 250R is a great trail quad too.. if the trails you ride are super tight trails. the 250R would be better..

for tracks it depends on what kinda tracks we are talking about... if it's MX then 250R hands down.. if your racing ovals.. the banshee is a great oval quad.. thats what i built back when i was racing oval..

it really all depends on what your doing.. and there is alot of personal preference involved.. the banshee is a bigger heavier chassis. but the 250R is slower both stock and built.. whatever you can score a deal on is what i;d nab. unless your serious about MX.

This is a timeless battle question.
Here's the short answer.

Banshee for drags and dunes.
250r for MX and woods.

Of course either quad can be modified to work for whatever you want.
I personally would give the Shee the nod because of it's long life and plentiful parts.

the 250r is definatley a better handling quad for sure. the only argument im going to answer is....if your going to race mx a 250r is what you want. anything else, either one is a good choice. its all in the setup. i've seen some fast 250's, and tons of fast shees.

i have ridden both on a regular basis......

Paulie is that your street bike?
When I'm asleep lol
the 250r is definatley a better handling quad for sure. the only argument im going to answer is....if your going to race mx a 250r is what you want. anything else, either one is a good choice. its all in the setup. i've seen some fast 250's, and tons of fast shees.

i have ridden both on a regular basis......

I didn't know you and your bro had 250r's?

I didn't know you and your bro had 250r's?

yepper.. 86 trx and 86 atc... and i've got a 88 trx500R project in the shed too

000_0020.jpg