2006 yamaha blaster question

Dany Grandmont

Apr 6, 2014
Hallebourg, Ontario
Hi i just added a 270 main jet i have a full fmf system vforce and a uni aire filter how should i set my air screw ? For stock it says 1 1/2 turn

And what size should change my pilot jet and my neddle jet

You already asked this question in another thread twenty minutes ago. You don't have to make multiple threads to get seen. Your question will be answered, but it might take more than 20 minutes..

Anyway, you shouldn't have to change your pilot or needle at all for this. The air screw should be at 1 1/2 turns unless the quad takes forever to come back down to idle after hitting the throttle. Then adjust accordingly.

As far as the jetting, I have a good but of work done to my blaster and I only have a 270 main jet. The only way to confirm your jetting is correct is to do plug chops.

Hopefully others chime in and give their .02 for you :)

You already asked this question in another thread twenty minutes ago. You don't have to make multiple threads to get seen. Your question will be answered, but it might take more than 20 minutes..

Anyway, you shouldn't have to change your pilot or needle at all for this. The air screw should be at 1 1/2 turns unless the quad takes forever to come back down to idle after hitting the throttle. Then adjust accordingly.

As far as the jetting, I have a good but of work done to my blaster and I only have a 270 main jet. The only way to confirm your jetting is correct is to do plug chops.

Hopefully others chime in and give their .02 for you :)
The problem is when i push the trotle the idle doesnt go up and then there is white smoke going out and it sound like its ganna stall after i let go the trotle it idle normaly whats the problem ?

If the park brake is on the engine will not rev up.

Is the carby flooding?

What year is it?

Have you altered any wiring?

Is the TORS still fitted?

Did you miss something when you put the carb back on?

When was the last time it was leak tested?

Does the slide raise when the throttle is opened.

Did you by any chance leave a cleaning rag in the intake somewhere?

Last edited:
Reactions: DeJay1206

Is the carby flooding?

What year is it?

Is the carby flooding?

What year is it?

Its a 2006 the carb ia not flooding i never leak tested it i never altered any wiring and i dont know whats

And how do i ajust my carb with my mods ?

Plug chops, plug chops, and more plug chops. Start off on the big side (280-290, maybe even 300) with your main jet, and work your way down with the plug chops.

There are plenty of threads around here about plug chops and leak tests. Do a little research around here and you'll learn quite a bit.

Tuning a carb without first leak testing is never a good idea.

1st- pm member AWK08 and order a leak tester
2nd- search and read this forum while tester is on the way
3rd- get a compression tester and check compression
3rd- leak test motor
4th- delete TORS and parking brake sensor (you will know what this is after you do step 2)
5th- give your carb a GOOD cleaning and install a 290 main jet (leave pilot and needle stock)
6th- do a plug chop
7th- report results

IMO every member who wrenches on their bike should have at least a leak tester, compression tester, and torque wrench.

When i run it it sound like it on choke isnit running to rich ? And if yes how can i make it run more lean?
Set float level.

Make sure it is not flooding.

Select correct jetting.

Adjust idle.

Make sure the filter is not too wet with oil.

Push the choke off.

Is there something stuck in the inlet, it has been known for a sock to be stuffed in the airbox.

No matter what others may say, do not run it without an air filter.

if you never took carb apart then knows the time to do it,there maybe other issues but if you cant address them right know then atleast you can check your carb out for free and a can of carb cleaner...

02 blaster carb 1.jpg

somewhat of an idea at least:)