2003-2006 Hood On A 1988-2002 Blaster

Blasterb0y794

Feb 4, 2008
New York
Well theres been a lot of people asking, "Will the newer 2006-2003 hood fit on the 1988-2002 blaster?" The answer is YES the newer hood will fit the older blasters. Before you jump into doing this just take a few minutes to read and understand this.

So for all of you who have asked, yes the newer hood will fit on the older blasters. First of all, when you buy the new hood you can do either of the two. You can either screen it out (picture below)
2ms4wtc.jpg

OR you can put the headlight in (picture below)
2ih87zm.jpg

I love them both personally. The screen is more for a racer look, and it looks sweet! Or if just want to give your old blaster a face lift put the headlight in with it!

Pay close attention here. The newer hood will only bolt up to where the gas tank and hood meet. Circled in red. (picture below)
2v9qerp.jpg

Im not going to lie here. To put the headlight in, it will be more complicated. You will need to make a bracket, but we will get to that later.

To screen it out all I did was drill a few little holes into the hood, put the screen in behind it and put the bolts in. Circled in red are the bolts that hold in the screen (picture below)
2mnqkd1.jpg

What I did was make a bracket to hold the hood down (with the screen) and then hold it down with the headlight.

Since i sold the blaster :( i dont have any pictures of the bracket so please dont ask.

The bracket i made looked like this (picture below)
2qdppuc.jpg

I drilled a hole in the ^ which mounted to the tab on the frame circled in red (pictures below)

2mgtgyq.jpg

33yi41u.jpg

After that, I drilled two holes in the bracket that would mount to the hood (pictures below)

2ujjyh1.jpg

n1fs09.jpg

After all that there is a rubber grommet on the new headlight, put a bolt through the grommet, through the bracket, and then bolt it to your frame. After all that your done! If you have any questions feel free to PM me with questions! Enjoy

hey i got a pic to help out the thread
theblaster004.jpg

if you can see, the little metal tab that holds the stock hood down, i bent it up an it lined up perfect with the light so i bolted it to that.